Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Cardiff

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For all the reasons you've said it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is March went on to become our ultimate 'well he never did that for us'.

He spends most of his time behind Bruno.
He rarely gets the chance to go up field
When he does he is capable of great skill.
He receives a fair few groans for the final ball.

I can see him going to a team where he isn't played out of position, either in defence or through the middle and ending up being the player we all want him to be.

I think he'll end up being a left back - and a bloody good one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with what, I am predominantly contradicting your option on Solly.

A player who I also think was treated to some incredibly stupid big predictions in the afterglow of promotion.

A few on here had him scoring 5-10 goals, (7 career goals to his name) and being thought of as an outside shout for the W/C.

Clearly rediculous, unsurprisingly he didn't live up to those expectations, so he's now a shit marmite player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree with that, I think he's got the look of a superb full back. I'm surprised he's not been tried there in the last couple of years with the swapping around we've done at left back. Must be something Hughton see's that we're missing.

How do you rate Solly's ability to tackle?

A combination of Bong and March at full back will leave the haters very confused.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
How do you rate Solly's ability to tackle?

A combination of Bong and March at full back will leave the haters very confused.

I think he’s capable. Decent full backs shouldn’t need to make that many tackles anyway, a lot of it is about anticipation and positioning. You almost don’t want them trying to tackle quick and tricky wingers. For example, Bruno only averages 1.4 tackles a match in his 30 premier league games with a 57% success rate and he’s the best full back in the divison according to Merson!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Rudi, Rudi, Rudi, Rudi Voller
Vorsprung Durch Technik
Or something or other.

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Bissouma-Kayal-Izquierdo
Murray​

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Surely it’s time to try a different formation away from home. Given we can’t seem to win the midfield I would go for a 4-3-3, usual back 4, Stephens as the holding midfielder with Bissouma and Kayal ahead of him and push Izzy and Florin up either side of Glenn.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely it’s time to try a different formation away from home.

Whilst I kind of agree - didn’t Swansea try this at the Amex last season? High risk but currently we’re heading for another tight back-to-the-walls game this Saturday so I guess it’s worth the gamble.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I would like to see a change in formation on the road with three centre halves and push the full backs on.
It won't happen as Cardiff is a can't lose game and CH will stick to his tried and tested formation. While it's dull it has sort of work this season and generally we have been tight in defence.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Also... Dear Chris... please, please don’t start your preview interview with the now infamous words “These are a good team...” They clearly are NOT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s more important to me is that his post match interview doesn’t include the words “we need to keep the ball better”, which we’ve pretty much heard after the last 4 games meaning that once again we’ve struggled to keep possession and invited loads of pressure on ourselves !

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would like to see a change in formation on the road with three centre halves and push the full backs on.
It won't happen as Cardiff is a can't lose game and CH will stick to his tried and tested formation. While it's dull it has sort of work this season and generally we have been tight in defence.

That old chestnut.
The problem with that is our squad just isn't cut out for a back three/five. We have three CBs, six full backs, and four wingers. What's more CH has repeatedly said that he likes playing with a back four and wingers. Is this merely your wish, or do you expect it to happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here