Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref yesterday....

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I liked his use of the spray to mark where free kicks should be taken. Footballers tend to have
an inability to work this out for themselves. Some strange decisions late in the second half and I wasn't convinced about Solly's penalty award but other than that he didn't have many decisions to make. Perhaps he should have booked the player who took out AK near the halfway line.

For greater accuracy, I'd like to see refs using an X to mark a free kick. So much more precise than a line. I think yesterday's ref would enjoy that too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The more card-shy refs the better for us as far as Dunk's concerned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And then didn't even book their player.

Terrible official. Wasn't he the one we had at Huddersfield? He wasn't very good there either, though not the reason we lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably a good thing he kept his cards in his pocket, we always seem to get more bookings than the opposition and Dunk doesn't need bookings at the moment

Edit [MENTION=28109]Wellesley[/MENTION] has already made this point :rolleyes:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought the ref was OK and I liked the marking of every free kick great idea.

I don't understand the time added on, yesterday was three minutes in the second half. I was told once that 30 seconds was added on per goal and 30 seconds for each substitution p!us time for injuries and other stoppages. So four goals plus six substitutions is at least five minutes plus injuries and other stoppages. How do the officials work it out and is it the forth official or the ref who works out extra time.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Loved the way he used his spray for every free kick, regardless where it was. Only thing was, he forgot to mark ten yards from the original mark.
I thought it was funny anyway, was expecting him to mark the penalty spot !

I noticed that he took every opportunity to use the can.

It struck me at the time that he appeared to be behaving like a Lion trying to spray his scent everywhere to mark his territory.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I don't understand the time added on, yesterday was three minutes in the second half. I was told once that 30 seconds was added on per goal and 30 seconds for each substitution p!us time for injuries and other stoppages. So four goals plus six substitutions is at least five minutes plus injuries and other stoppages. How do the officials work it out and is it the forth official or the ref who works out extra time.

Ref will tell the 4th official the added time. Like all refs, they make up the added time as they go along.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

We made all subs together though?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He wasnt bad. However we were fortunate with 2 decisions. They should have had a penalty and ours was fortunate

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably a good thing he kept his cards in his pocket, we always seem to get more bookings than the opposition and Dunk doesn't need bookings at the moment

Edit [MENTION=28109]Wellesley[/MENTION] has already made this point :rolleyes:

Yes that's fair comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's always good to moan about the ref when you win, it doesn't look as bad as doing it when you lose, he was shockingly bad on almost every decision.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
No - he was Mr "2 rescinded red cards" from Forest v Newcastle. He also did the Villa home game. That is the problem with professional Championship refs - they screw up and you are still stuck with them.

Don't think he has recovered from this match.
High profile, on TV and all major decisions rescinded.
Thought Baldock was going in goal for the penalty.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He wasnt bad. However we were fortunate with 2 decisions. They should have had a penalty and ours was fortunate

I thought he gave us both decisions in the area, although both were more 50/50 than you suggest. For their appeal, Stephens and Dunk had pushed the guy back towards the edge of the area and he was looking for the penalty. I think that's why it was not given. For our penalty, it does look soft on replays but I don't see a reason for March to dive so I think he probably did get a touch but you can see why Burton were upset.

Outside the area, he gave us nothing all game. The number of times we had players fouled and he gave no free kick (or kept his cards in his pockets when giving fouls) was ridiculous. And, while I've not seen a replay, the free kick for their goal looked very harsh considering what he'd not given earlier in the game to us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here