Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], am I right in thinking I can't change the Purist fantasy league team between Spring Classic races.

If so I already know what I've scored for Strade Bianche :down:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION], am I right in thinking I can't change the Purist fantasy league team between Spring Classic races.

If so I already know what I've scored for Strade Bianche :down:

Just for a change you are wrong :p

You can make subs between every Spring 'Classic'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just for a change you are wrong :p

You can make subs between every Spring 'Classic'.
I'm gonna go back and find the last thing I got right...

...I may be gone some time.

Oh and thanks.
I was putting my other team together, and spent far to long hovering over Cadel.
I doubt I'll be able to resist his charms twice.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A long ride with a cafe stop is not a long ride, it’s two short rides with a snack in the middle. After all, which would you rather have, one six-foot 
girlfriend or two three-foot 
girlfriends and a Victoria sponge?

Wise words from Dr Hutch.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
:)

I'm a bit like that. Never stop when I'm on my own apart from traffic lights. Might think about the odd photo though now I have access to better cameraphone.

Looks like I'm out Sunday now. Extra day to shift a bit more man 'flu I suppose.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They are underway in the Strade Bianche. If you live relatively close to the Amex it may be possible to watch it then make it for kick off, due to finish around 2:30 apparently.

Four man break 10'30" clear, Frapporti, Pagani, Frattini and Fedi

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
"You either make dust or eat dust.”

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
"You either make dust or eat dust.”

Trouble is, even if you're right on the front you just eat the dust of the motorbikes.

Brutal and stunning race. Loving this and a good selection just made. Pretty much all the big favourites in the front group and the nutter that is Stan driving it! Old Cadel looking good as well :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No spoilers as I know lots of you will have been at the game today and watching highlights of Strade Bianche later.

Make sure you watch those highlights, you won't regret it. Fantastic race in every respect!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No spoilers as I know lots of you will have been at the game today and watching highlights of Strade Bianche later.

Make sure you watch those highlights, you won't regret it. Fantastic race in every respect!

Ok, I will watch the hightlights. I'm a bit pissed off though, as I removed the winner from my Fantasy team right at the last minute.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, I will watch the hightlights. I'm a bit pissed off though, as I removed the winner from my Fantasy team right at the last minute.

Really!? Rush of blood to the head there then. I've no idea of the rider prices, but had I been playing he'd have been a shoe in for me along with one other, then build a team around that.

No sympathy I'm afraid. You weren't reffing our game today as well was you???

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Really!? Rush of blood to the head there then. I've no idea of the rider prices, but had I been playing he'd have been a shoe in for me along with one other, then build a team around that.

No sympathy I'm afraid. You weren't reffing our game today as well was you???

I know, I know. I just had this nagging thought that he would flatter to deceive. He didn't.

And if I had refereed the game today we would have won at least 6-0.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shame there was no odds being offered on Strade Bianche today or for Roma Maxima tomorrow.

To keep a finger in the fun pie then, I've put a £1 e/w bet on Coquard @10/1 for tomorrows first stage at Paris-Nice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely event, proper racing, real elite stuff.

It would seen Sagan has a successor already.

Once again Sky seem to do all the hard yards then are found wanting when it's selection time.
I thought they would be 'cured' of that, this season.
It'll be interesting watching their tactics back in the Low Countries.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Lovely event, proper racing, real elite stuff.

It would seen Sagan has a successor already.

Once again Sky seem to do all the hard yards then are found wanting when it's selection time.
I thought they would be 'cured' of that, this season.
It'll be interesting watching their tactics back in the Low Countries.

I would imagine Sky tatics to be as useless as per usual. If it's not a GT and a choo choo train that's required then they appear to be absolutely clueless. That, pretty much, explains the discussion on G on the previous page I'd say, although to be fair he also had his share of bad luck last season too.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Teams to be picked for Roma Maxima AND Paris Nice tomorrow, just in case anyone has forgotten.

I LOVE Paris Nice. It means summer is coming.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Shame there was no odds being offered on Strade Bianche today or for Roma Maxima tomorrow.

To keep a finger in the fun pie then, I've put a £1 e/w bet on Coquard @10/1 for tomorrows first stage at Paris-Nice.

Bet 365 had odds on Strade Bianche, unfortunately from my point of view as I did not win anything. Coquard at 10-1 is pretty good, I'm expecting these sprint stages to be between him Degenkolb and Bouhanni.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Eddy 11.jpg
    Eddy 11.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 45

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I would imagine Sky tatics to be as useless as per usual. If it's not a GT and a choo choo train that's required then they appear to be absolutely clueless. That, pretty much, explains the discussion on G on the previous page I'd say, although to be fair he also had his share of bad luck last season too.

To be fair that was very much a Sky B Team racing at Strade Bianche. I just do not get why they bother driving it if they do not have a favourite, or really a contender. As good as Stannard has been early this season, he was never going to win this with a finish like that. Good result for Puccio though, it will be interesting to see if he develops further. Also another good finish for Warren Barguil, it would be nice if one of these promising young french riders turned in to a serious challenger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here