Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst side at The Amex this season?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Derby were utter utter shite. Other contenders for worst side at The Amex this seasokn?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
They weren't great but to say they were utter shite is incorrect, we just worked the ball better and much more effectively and all the Albion players were on their game tonight, a perfect storm.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Derby were utter utter shite. Other contenders for worst side at The Amex this seasokn?

Rotherham and Forest were both woeful early season.

Norwich were incredibly poor too, though that was mostly the goalkeeper and Russell Martin.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
They weren't great but to say they were utter shite is incorrect, we just worked the ball better and much more effectively and all the Albion players were on their game tonight, a perfect storm.

This. We were immense and they were no match for the 'perfect storm'. I like that!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Forest, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Norwich, Cardiff, Burton, Reading - all worse than Derby were. If we had played like tonight against a few of those we'd be quite abit up on GD.

I also thought PNE were absolutely atrocious when they visited, but we conspired somehow to concede twice against them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Forest, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Norwich, Cardiff, Burton, Reading - all worse than Derby were. If we had played like tonight against a few of those we'd be quite abit up on GD.

I also thought PNE were absolutely atrocious when they visited, but we conspired somehow to concede twice against them.

Cardiff played as a team and with some pride, it was anti-football, tough to crack and we had to be patient. Burton, despite their limitations, at least tried to play together and to their strengths. Huddersfield played some good, if ineffective football and we only won thanks to the keepers howler. Reading looked reasonable just killed on the break. Derby didn't look anything like a team, I'd be disgusted if I were a Derby fan.

theboybilly

I don't agree there. Preston were the first side that I thought pressed Albion well at home. They were a constant threat and broke up a lot of good moves. They were physical but then again so were we tonight. Simon Grayson is a good if not very attack-minded manager that got the best out of his side in both games against us. I agree they were fortunate to equalise so late but Brighton switched off. At Deepdale Albion were the better side, controlling the game for the most part, but weren't clinical enough. I don't know who PNE have left to play but I hope they have a few of our challengers

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't agree there. Preston were the first side that I thought pressed Albion well at home. They were a constant threat and broke up a lot of good moves. They were physical but then again so were we tonight. Simon Grayson is a good if not very attack-minded manager that got the best out of his side in both games against us. I agree they were fortunate to equalise so late but Brighton switched off. At Deepdale Albion were the better side, controlling the game for the most part, but weren't clinical enough. I don't know who PNE have left to play but I hope they have a few of our challengers

Agree to disagree, I thought we deserved absolutely nothing at Deepdale, they bullied us particularly in midfield.

I do agree Grayson is a decent manager though, he gets the best out of them.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Cardiff played as a team and with some pride, it was anti-football, tough to crack and we had to be patient. Burton, despite their limitations, at least tried to play together and to their strengths. Huddersfield played some good, if ineffective football and we only won thanks to the keepers howler. Reading looked reasonable just killed on the break. Derby didn't look anything like a team, I'd be disgusted if I were a Derby fan.

Bent should have scored and Vydra went close. All I remember from Huddersfield game, which admittedly was a long time ago and memory may fail me, were shots from Mooy and Van la Parra that sailed over. I also remember us clean on goal a couple of times and squandered them, so fact our winning goal was spawny shouldn't mean much. They were massively negative which i'm sure Wagner regrets now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bent should have scored and Vydra went close. All I remember from Huddersfield game, which admittedly was a long time ago and memory may fail me, were shots from Mooy and Van la Parra that sailed over. I also remember us clean on goal a couple of times and squandered them, so fact our winning goal was spawny shouldn't mean much. They were massively negative which i'm sure Wagner regrets now.

Huddersfield forced us to shoot from long range and were quite good, although not dangerous as they only shot from long range..

Forest looked a division below us and QPR was a mismatch, like playing a non-league club but not as good.

Norwich and Reading were both better than sluggish Derby but not by much. Derby have always been a bit sluggish as well as skillful. We've just had a misfortune with teams decimated by injuries when we have played them before. This time we had "reserves" to cover the injuries.

Derby haven't got worse. We've got better. I've always thought Ince, Bryson and Hughes were over rated. Thorne was always their playmaker defensive midfielder, not Butterfield (who scores against us). I thought we would be playing against Shackell and Keogh and I think the game would have been much closer if they were playing (despite their age) Bradley Johnson would have been a good match if we had a below full strength midfield. Hendrick is gone now. I was not impressed with Bent when he played for us and Derby seemed to have gone backwards since they signed him!

Vydra still looked quick but wasted out wide. But he contributed less than Lualua on a bad day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not having this argument.

It gives absolutely no credit to the TEAM that beat them.

Derby looked appalling because of who was in front of them, and the probably more importantly because of the 2 men stood on the touchline.

As great as the Albion have been at home this season, were they to have put in an 'Ipswich' performance tonight, this thread may well read 'Derby weren't bad, we were lucky to get 3 points'.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Derby just didn't seem that interested, despite a theoretical chance still of making the playoffs. I'm hopeful this is the first of those "nothing to win, nothing to lose" teams we'll face in the run-in who'll let us walk all over them. Also, we were brilliant.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With so many attacking options at their disposal, I thought they were clueless going forward. I have no idea what their game plan was to score. They resorted to pumping it long and hoping for the best.

We should have been overrun in midfield, but Kayal and Stephens shut them down wonderfully, allowing Jiri and Knocky to dominate the full backs.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Maybe not the worst, but the least interested and least commitment - something that just doesn't fit in with the Championship. Even when they had the ball our pressing made them pass it backwards, but they did not press us in the slightest when we had the ball. If I was their chairman or Schteve I'd be livid.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I'm not having this argument.

It gives absolutely no credit to the TEAM that beat them.

Derby looked appalling because of who was in front of them, and the probably more importantly because of the 2 men stood on the touchline.

As great as the Albion have been at home this season, were they to have put in an 'Ipswich' performance tonight, this thread may well read 'Derby weren't bad, we were lucky to get 3 points'.

This can't be right, we choke against good teams in big matches so we are told.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here