Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stubborn Staff in the Superstore

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am afraid these sorry stories just about sum the club up, in all aspects from the shop to the ticket office. This is why I and my sons are no longer season ticket holders. Until the club realise it is us doing them a service and not vice versa, it will continue. Still, when The Albion are bottom of the premier league, without a win in ten; playing to a half empty stadium, without the fair weather glory hunters, maybe then they might get it!

Most of the Amex match day staff are there 23 times a season. It's a bit harsh to sum up the management of a club based on the occasional lack of pragmatism from a young and inexperienced minimum wage member of staff. You're missing out on possibly the most exciting season and some of the best players we've ever had as a result.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I saw the thread title and was hoping for a video of a staffy in Tesco's being stubborn, maybe refusing to drop the toddler it was currently mauling.

Just to defend the Staffordshire terrier, they are one of very few breeds recommended by the Kennel Club to have as a family pet with children. Also known as the Nanny Dog. So unfairly maligned and you are perpetuating the myth sir! Only say this from regularly visiting the RSPCA rehoming centre.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.

Why not take up one of the many new year gym offers and get the top to fit this way?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am afraid these sorry stories just about sum the club up, in all aspects from the shop to the ticket office. This is why I and my sons are no longer season ticket holders. Until the club realise it is us doing them a service and not vice versa, it will continue. Still, when The Albion are bottom of the premier league, without a win in ten; playing to a half empty stadium, without the fair weather glory hunters, maybe then they might get it!

Bloody hell, I didn't realise Scrooge was a Brighton fan - who stole your Christmas spirit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because I already attend a gym twice a week and I am not fat. Next question Herr Tubby?.

Maybe three or four times a week then? When the missus has bought me items of clothing which are too small I've taken the hint. For example it took me a solid 3 months before I could squeeze into the black wet-look briefs she recently bought me.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Just to defend the Staffordshire terrier, they are one of very few breeds recommended by the Kennel Club to have as a family pet with children. Also known as the Nanny Dog. So unfairly maligned and you are perpetuating the myth sir! Only say this from regularly visiting the RSPCA rehoming centre.

Might as well leave a loaded gun lying around, I could dress one of those up in human clothes and say "isn't it cute" but it could still go off at any minute and blow your face off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A friend of mine had some goods to pick up at the shop from a click and collect order but was told that they couldn't get them because the pick up window was the same as the one printing numbers on shirts, and there were too many shirt printing orders. No idea if that's normal or not and certainly hadn't thought about starting a thread on here about it, but it is weird that you don't get the full range of services on the one day when a huge number of Brighton fans will be able to go in to the shop.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Quite so. In my case all I wanted to do was a simple swap, one item for another of the same garment, no money changing hands whatsoever.

Surely that would be done more quickly than someone just wanting to pay for a new item?

Like I said, common sense largely seems to be a thing rooted to the past.

but...but...we have the BEST football CEO in the world. Surely he wouldn't be treating his money-spending customers with total contempt?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Maybe three or four times a week then? When the missus has bought me items of clothing which are too small I've taken the hint. For example it took me a solid 3 months before I could squeeze into the black wet-look briefs she recently bought me.

They were rubber incontinence pants !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Apologies if I reacted a tad too quickly. but I seem to have been renamed Attilla the Hun since I started this thread.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Stories like the ones below?

A couple of frankly trivial customer service issues, do not 'sum the club up, in all aspects" at all, do they? There have been 30,000 tickets sold for each of the last few (and next) few games. Plenty of people are having a GREAT time, thanks to what the club, as a whole, is achieving. You crack on spiting yourself though. Shame for your sons, mind.

On the plus side, I got to my seat in the WSU today to find a bag on it containing a birthday card (addressed to me, don't worry: I didn't steal one off some kid) and a lovely new scarf. I was really rather thrilled with this small but very nice gesture. I love the Albion sometimes :) :clap2:

Recently I received an email from the club asking why my under16 wasn't occupying her seat in the family stand. I explained she was very poorly ad they offered to arrange a player visit! I suggested a card instead and they sent a lovely Bruno signed shirt. Amazing!

It was my boys 16th on the villa game and I had emailed supporter services to see if they could read out a happy birthday at half time, they responded with a form to fill out via email for seat number and other stuff and when we got to the seat there was a bag with a scarf and a birthday card which was a nice touch .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

:lolol: That has left me with a very powerful image! Merry Xmas Herr T!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Well if you don't give a sh1t, then why bother replying to the thread? Just save your energy.

I, OTOH, give a very timid, mild sh1t and feel that your agony at not being able to return a miss-sized shirt on match day deserves a mild, timid reaction.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

This thread is fine WITHOUT pictures :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here