Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still available to purchase in the store at the Amex! :)

View attachment 100210

So you buy it for £15.
Walk round the corner.
Have it confiscated.
Steward returns it to the shop.

And the process begins again.

Anyone who does think Barber-Out isn't a freakin genius, they're a bit special.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
“We are currently exploring how we may remove other single use plastics – beer cups and plastic bottles being the two most used items in the stadium – but current alternative options present a number of challenges due to the unique football stadium environment. We will keep fans updated.”

Twickenham charge a quid extra on your first pint. You can redeem your glass ( firm plastic - reusable) and get your quid back or not but the kids cotton on to those who can’t be arsed.

Sorted.

Because my pub attracts many ‘away’ fans en route to Wycombe Wanderers we lost more glasses than we could afford, (they cost around £1.28 + VAT) so instead of single use ‘glasses’ I brought 1,000 polycarbonate ones. A year on, I have none of these left. I don’t think a deposit (say £1) would have worked – when you’re out for the day you’re not going to worry about a quid for a glass. So now we’re back to the plastic ones, which really are poor. But the police like them…

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Because my pub attracts many ‘away’ fans en route to Wycombe Wanderers we lost more glasses than we could afford, (they cost around £1.28 + VAT) so instead of single use ‘glasses’ I brought 1,000 polycarbonate ones. A year on, I have none of these left. I don’t think a deposit (say £1) would have worked – when you’re out for the day you’re not going to worry about a quid for a glass. So now we’re back to the plastic ones, which really are poor. But the police like them…

Whats your pub name?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I do agree that safety must come first but there is a gaping great hole in the frisking down at the Amex. A 5'5" 15 year old young lad, in a great big padded overcoat is unchecked due to child safegaurding, so he can carry through any weapon he likes for someone else to use. Our youngest convicted terrorist in the U.K was 14. I find seeing this happening every game far more worrying than some 70 year old with a flask
Errrr 65 going on 66 thank you!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

So it’s cost like I thought. Oh well we must make sure they don’t end up in the whales belly then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So if the club had seen this coming they could have saved themselves a fortune by only buying one flask.

Who's to say they didn't.
Or perhaps all of this has come about because the shop was down to it's last flask.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An old biddy with a flask isn't a security risk. The club just needs to use a bit of common sense.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As us hardened East standers in the family stand know, the East is uncomfortably hot anytime the merest hint of the sun touches it. Today's gonna feel scorching with wall to wall sunshine predicted by the forecasters. So don't forget, especially those with several little ones, to bring along plenty of water bottles. Oh.....:angry:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Latest news is that wallets will be checked to ensure that all supporters have at least £30 in cash and a credit/debit card. Failure will result in non admittance, confiscation of your season ticket and 12 points on your licence.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Latest news is that wallets will be checked to ensure that all supporters have at least £30 in cash and a credit/debit card. Failure will result in non admittance, confiscation of your season ticket and 12 points on your licence.

Don't give Barber any new ideas ffs!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As us hardened East standers in the family stand know, the East is uncomfortably hot anytime the merest hint of the sun touches it. Today's gonna feel scorching with wall to wall sunshine predicted by the forecasters. So don't forget, especially those with several little ones, to bring along plenty of water bottles. Oh.....:angry:

A clear plastic bag with just 100ml of sun cream for their little faces.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So today given the weather just goes to show how silly the clubs new approach is. For those travelling any distance to the game they may well have a multi use water container, but they wont be able to bring it into the ground, either on size or the fact that its got a top on it. Also even if the bottle is empty it can't be brought in on size or the fact that its got a top.

So the club is really embracing the concept of cutting down on single use plastic.

But then compare with Lords where there are many drinking water taps around the ground to top up such a bottle

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So today given the weather just goes to show how silly the clubs new approach is. For those travelling any distance to the game they may well have a multi use water container, but they wont be able to bring it into the ground, either on size or the fact that its got a top on it. Also even if the bottle is empty it can't be brought in on size or the fact that its got a top.

So the club is really embracing the concept of cutting down on single use plastic.

But then compare with Lords where there are many drinking water taps around the ground to top up such a bottle

The most popular size of water bottle is 500ml. Which you can bring all the way to the Amex untampered. There, they will remove the top so the best strategy is to take the top off before you arrive (and store on your person) then re-apply once in your seat.
Not really much inconvenience on a day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here