Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you most enjoy about supporting Brighton?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.

It's definitely all of this except just the one boy and his sister has shown no interest at all. I'd rather have spent my day with my mates and my boy at a live game and seen us lose 5-0 than watch us win on tv on my own.

But what I really like are the look-at-me unsubstantiated rumour-cum-fishing trips about how dire our transfer prospect are from [MENTION=35550]mike1901[/MENTION]

They really are priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was in your neck of the woods yesterday, big old ship called Norwegian Spirit. Went for a little run in my Albion training top; far to hot for that malarkey. I should have known better. Love Malta.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The unpredictability.

In my office, there was an Arsenal fan and a Liverpool fan both giving me a tough time. I told them the most excitement they ever get is wondering whether they can come 4th

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Probably (now), that everyone in the village is interested in the Albion and that it is at least their 2nd team. But more than that it seems that at least 50% (OK slight exaggeration) of people I meet in the village are season ticket holders. After some of the 50 odd years I have been following the Albion that is flipping amazing.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like being a Brighton fan because I like watching football and I like it especially when the footballers that are in my favourite team which is Brighton kick a really good goal.

Really though, it's a big part of my family, past and present.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
When at work, hearing all the chelsea, UTD fans talking.

This prompts me to ask when they left said area to come live down here. 'Oh, your from Brighton?'

I walk away smirking.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm only in it for the Glory!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is it the winning? The feeling of belonging? A general love of football?

I was discussing this earlier with a couple of other Brighton fans and what we get out of supporting Brighton. For me, it's a great day out with like-minded mates where, quite often, the football is secondary and also sharing very special moments with my lads. The kind of times that money just can't buy.

The friendships, the family of supporters, the days out, and the football itself (sometimes).

But it's mostly taking full advantage of knowing that we (you, me, him, them, everyone) has a stake in the club as we did so much in saving it and helping it to survive and thrive.

We all have our reasons for doing what we did during the War Years, so when my mum died in 2000, I spent much time in the subsequent months and years wondering if there was anything, as a dutiful son, I could have done to make her happier, prouder, more secure. My next love after that was probably the Albion, and I didn't want to have the same thing happen - i.e. someone take it away from me, from us before it was time to go.

What's that? Comparing the life of my mother with the love of the Albion? Yeah - different intensity, different concept, but a pure and total love nonetheless. Main difference is sometimes the love of the Albion can feel unrequited at times - but we persevere.

This club is yours and mine and his and hers and theirs. We've all done our bit to ensure the legacy continues for future generations so I couldn't leave - even if I wanted to.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
......But i don't enjoy it at all,i cant sleep,i cant listen on the radio/TV for most away matches ,the wrong signings the right signings ,that get sold..... , last minute ,first minute ......i am a wreck.......Have been for over 50 years..... BUT.....i am a fan!!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In no particular order:

A sense of ownership and having made a genuine (if small compared to many) contribution to the survival and success of the club
Friends
A smug feeling that, when it comes to football, I get it more than armchair fans of top clubs
Seeing the country through away games

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Most of my friends seem to support Arsenal and have never experienced relegation or promotion and I am not in the slightest bit envious.

Absolutely this. Those poor *******s, supporting their soulless, sterile clubs, with their pseudo problems. As a relative newcomer to the fold, being a relative newcomer to the city, I did not live through the big highs and lows of recent decades, but what a fantastic club, and what a great story. I'm very, very happy I stumbled across the old BHAFC. My son is Brighton born and bred, and has the club in his blood, he never has and never would DREAM of supporting anyone else.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Being proud of my home city and my roots is why I had passion and loved the Albion for many years like most.

Sadly my passion for football is at an all time low and although I loved last season I really can't stand the premiership and the football is rather dull to be fair with few goals and little entertainment.... way too much money ruining the game also.

First time ever I've not checked on the latest scores in the last two games for decades as the premiership just doesn't float my boat.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The great Sir Bobby Robson sums it up perfectly for me

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Constantly being the underdog, persevering and succeeding.

Owner is a decent guy and supporter.

I feel BHA identifies with the old RAF Regt motto: Per Árdua ad Astra (Through adversity to the stars).

I thought it was "barrier up, barrier down ? "

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My local club, to which I first viewed live footy.
So many things I could add, but Brighton & Hove Albion says it all :)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely this. Those poor *******s, supporting their soulless, sterile clubs, with their pseudo problems. As a relative newcomer to the fold, being a relative newcomer to the city, I did not live through the big highs and lows of recent decades, but what a fantastic club, and what a great story. I'm very, very happy I stumbled across the old BHAFC. My son is Brighton born and bred, and has the club in his blood, he never has and never would DREAM of supporting anyone else.

And being fleeced at £2,000 per head per season, plus catering, for attending the sterile Emirates money making machine.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here