Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Anyone see may's confrontation with junker today?

I am not a great fan, but she should have told him to f.uck right off. He did insult all of us and it certainly seemed as though he insulted her, especially listening to the press conference afterwards.

I am seeing something in the fu.ck em argument.

Can you not see a stage managed argument to try and make May seem 'HARD' for the TV cameras ???

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If we stay, in any way at all, we become a non-country in 2020. Research it, it's out there.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Anyone see may's confrontation with junker today?

I am not a great fan, but she should have told him to f.uck right off. He did insult all of us and it certainly seemed as though he insulted her, especially listening to the press conference afterwards.

I am seeing something in the fu.ck em argument.

How did he insult us?

Nebulous is entirely accurate.

nebulous
/ˈnɛbjʊləs/Submit
adjective
adjective: nebulous
in the form of a cloud or haze; hazy.
"a giant nebulous glow"
synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, cloudy, fuzzy, misty, lacking definition, blurred, blurry, out of focus, foggy, faint, shadowy, dim, obscure, shapeless, formless, unformed, amorphous; rarenebulose
"the figure was still nebulous—she couldn't quite see it"
antonyms: clear
another term for nebular.
(of a concept) vague or ill-defined.
"nebulous concepts like quality of life"
synonyms: vague, ill-defined, unclear, hazy, uncertain, indefinite, indeterminate, imprecise, unformed, muddled, confused, ambiguous, inchoate, opaque, muddy
"his nebulous ideas about salvation"
antonyms: well defined

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Someone said to me today why can’t we rescind article 50 then activate it again the next day giving us a new 2 year negotiating window. Not sure if it is allowed but would seem to make sense for leavers. Probably upset remainers though.

Anyone know the legal position on this?

I mentioned on another thread that Ken Clarke suggested something similar on CH4 news this evening.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How did he insult us?

Nebulous is entirely accurate.

nebulous
/ˈnɛbjʊləs/Submit
adjective
adjective: nebulous
in the form of a cloud or haze; hazy.
"a giant nebulous glow"
synonyms: indistinct, indefinite, unclear, vague, hazy, cloudy, fuzzy, misty, lacking definition, blurred, blurry, out of focus, foggy, faint, shadowy, dim, obscure, shapeless, formless, unformed, amorphous; rarenebulose
"the figure was still nebulous—she couldn't quite see it"
antonyms: clear
another term for nebular.
(of a concept) vague or ill-defined.
"nebulous concepts like quality of life"
synonyms: vague, ill-defined, unclear, hazy, uncertain, indefinite, indeterminate, imprecise, unformed, muddled, confused, ambiguous, inchoate, opaque, muddy
"his nebulous ideas about salvation"
antonyms: well defined

Very accurate. A foreigner knowing the English language better than some of our own, it seems.
It's not insulting.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thought Tony Blair (yes I know) gave a good speech. He made the point that it's also up the EU to make the case for the UK to stay which it hasn't has it.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BEcause that was not the question at the referendum

We voted would you like to stay in the EU
Would you like to leave the EU

We voted to leave. So by all mean have a vote for TM's deal if you like, that's if she can get it from parliament, but if don't want that, we will still leave. Because that's what we voted for
Remind us again what the Leave Campaign's messages were. I'm sure it was a lot more than just Leave the EU. I would suggest that more than a couple of million voters chose Leave because of the lies they were fed about funding the NHS and immigration.

It was not a simple "Do you want to leave the EU"?

IF there was a second referendum and a Leave campaign was fought honestly and people still voted to leave then there would be a clear instruction to Parliament to leave. Now everybody is better informed and if a second referendum were to return Stay in the EU, the instruction to Parliament would be equally clear. It is foolhardy and irresponsible to pursue a pipe dream bought about simply because Cameron couldn't control his party.

Cancelling Article 50 for now seems to be the most sensible option. If the country still has the stomach for another referendum then we can hold one based on facts-not the nonsense that we got in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If we stay, in any way at all, we become a non-country in 2020. Research it, it's out there.
What colour passports do we get as a non-country?

A non-country? What exactly does that mean?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It’s ok, apparently the deal is easy to negotiate and the NHS will get loads of money
And we get control of our borders back.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This country, particularly the establishment, has always had a massively over inflated opinion of itself, so I'm sure there are people within the EU who would love to see us rot in our own shit. However, they're not all like that, and we're not all blue blooded establishment, a majority of us have moved on since the 1800's bully boy empire days. Not Daily Mail readers obviously.

Thought Tony Blair (yes I know) gave a good speech. He made the point that it's also up the EU to make the case for the UK to stay which it hasn't has it.....

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Yes, you've pulled me in as well.

What's about to happen that will turn us into a non-country? And what exactly is a non-country? Is it something like, say, Spain or France?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Remind us again what the Leave Campaign's messages were. I'm sure it was a lot more than just Leave the EU. I would suggest that more than a couple of million voters chose Leave because of the lies they were fed about funding the NHS and immigration.

It was not a simple "Do you want to leave the EU"?
Yes is was. ballot.jpeg

It was a simple do you want to stay or leave the EU.

Its been said by many on here, brexiters and remainers don't know what they voted for.

Bottom line is we voted to leave, and leave we will.

If we have a second ballet, leave would win again by an even bigger margain. Most brexiters can't be bothered to listen to whingers who can't accept defeat. But if push comes to shove and we have to vote again (and not for one second do i think we will), Brexit would still be the verdict IMO

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here