jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
2nd only to Man City this week!

:rolleyes:

2nd december %.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The poll “When you watch Albion play” would suggest that it is very much the minority of us that are not happy with the performances this season. Over 90% on the current vote are accepting of how we play, given the league we are in.
I think you've got a strange interpretation of the votes on your poll. The question and options don't tell us how many are happy or unhappy with our performances.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you've got a strange interpretation of the votes on your poll. The question and options don't tell us how many are happy or unhappy with our performances.

I think you miss the point, points over performances is more important...as the poll shows. Look at how few prefer to be entertained over winning.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do envy Fulham’s 47.1%

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I wish to be entertained as we were in the Championship so if we were to be relegated it would not trouble me, we have experienced the top league and now know that it contains the elite and the rest have to scratch around for enough points to survive and its not pretty

Odd choice of username.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you miss the point, points over performances is more important...as the poll shows. Look at how few prefer to be entertained over winning.
No, I understand that at this point, trying to establish ourselves as a Premier League team, that most will take points over entertainment. But you've somehow interpreted that as "it is very much the minority of us that are not happy with the performances this season".

Just because we'd take points versus a good effort and a loss, obviously doesn't mean we're happy with how we're playing. Like many I'm not happy with how we played against Cardiff or Leicester, I'd rather see us play with more confidence and attack more.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Don't know if anyone has a statistic for our conversation rate of shots on target / goals. I presume if we have such little ball in the opposition half we must be quite clinical in front of goal?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well how current is current? One game? If so, it was a draw, so if the rest of the games are draws, then we'll be ok [emoji38]

On a slightly more serious note, it's one point from nine, but how likely is it that to continue for the rest of the season? Unlikely I would say. The three games before that were a 9/9 point haul. Honestly, I can see the next two games being four or six points.
*cough*

#CurrentForm

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
That, IMHO, is a very suspect interpretation of the statistic. Yes, for most of us the most important thing is for Brighton to win ...... BUT - that doesn't follow that everybody likes the way we're playing. It's not very pretty, that's true, but far more important to many people is the worry that we can't get away with effectively playing defence versus attack for ever.

Its not the most important thing that we win, to watch game after game played mostly in our half has resulted in me switching to Sky rather than attend the Amex, again today we did not achieve one shot on goal according to the radio .

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
To think we could make the same mistake three years running is unthinkable, for that reason I expect us to be super competitive but they will have too much for us as we are so drilled in defensive football and having wingers as back up fullbacks that it limits what little we have to offer up front. Even if we take the lead I won’t expect us to be able to hold it.

I will settle for a spirited and competitive display even if we lose. If we just sit back and give them the ball back to come again I will seriously question just how far CH can take us. Three capitulations at the same place is one too far for me.

The players and the manager have to show real steel and aggression today.

I dont blame Chris, the Premiership consists of say eight teams, the rest struggle to keep out of the relegation area, he is quite capable of doing this, but watching very defensive football week after week is not for me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Its not the most important thing that we win, to watch game after game played mostly in our half has resulted in me switching to Sky rather than attend the Amex, again today we did not achieve one shot on goal according to the radio .

:laugh::wozza:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I dont blame Chris, the Premiership consists of say eight teams, the rest struggle to keep out of the relegation area, he is quite capable of doing this, but watching very defensive football week after week is not for me

Have you ever considered switching your allegiance to Manchester City or Liverpool? For now at least they are sure to provide you with the sort of spectacle you crave. With best wishes. :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Here's the current table of the percentage of time spent in the opposition half. It does not make for pretty reading:

View attachment 102475

It's no wonder that so many of us are unhappy about performances this season. There's no knocking that the current strategy is working in terms of points gained, but it's no fun watching games where so much of the game is in our half of the field.

You obviously hated Andone's goal on Tuesday; ball was in Palace half only for a few seconds. Much better if he had held it up, faffed around and booted it into space so it spent longer in their half.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the amount of whinging and complaining from fans is the thing most likely to stop me going to games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here