Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS B’muff

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are going down without any doubt.

The club have 17 days to turn this around but sadly we'll get to Feb 1st and just hear more tales of shouting behind closed doors at the Amex, as our season turns to dust.

I don't why fans are expecting offensive signings in one month ( at a more difficult time ) when we failed to do it in 4 months ( at a much easier time ) Given our current position and the likelihood of relegation, who is going to join to play 2nd tier football?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I dont think we have the players to give it ago. If we are 1 nil down, surely its worth throwing the kitchen sink. But we seem to hope something to turn up, unlike Bournemouth who make it happen.

All the teams around and below us will fight to stay in PL....do we have that fight?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

'Do we have that fight?'
Well, we didn't have the fight to win the Championship, when it was ours to lose, so probably not.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Just saw the result.Icing on the cake for a very bad weekend.The difference between us and the other
lower teams is that we just cannot score.

Next week should really see us in the shit after we lose to Chelsea.The lower teams have had big
results against the top teams.Bournemouth today,Hudds v Man U,Burnley on a number of occasions,
Palace v Chelsea.We have not had a big result this season.We are desperate for it next week.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I admire your loyalty in thinking we will be fine. I suspect you haven't watched us much lately? I have seen nothing that suggests 'we will be ok'. I see a team in freefall employing tactics that haven't been working for quite a while now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have seen every game. Thanks for your comments though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have seen every game. Thanks for your comments though.

If you've seen every game perhaps you can show me how to think we'll be fine when all I can see is a team freefalling into the bottom three?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just goes to show having a Premier League ready stadium/training facilities/set up means a lot less than having a vaguely Premier league competitive team.

B'muff punching well above their weight, fair play to em.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If you've seen every game perhaps you can show me how to think we'll be fine when all I can see is a team freefalling into the bottom three?

Don’t be silly. As I said keep the faith all will be fine.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I don't why fans are expecting offensive signings in one month ( at a more difficult time ) when we failed to do it in 4 months ( at a much easier time ) Given our current position and the likelihood of relegation, who is going to join to play 2nd tier football?

This is why I can only see us getting a loan striker in now, we're not looking the best prospect for this amazing super forward that many expect.
Stay up this season and then a very different prospect obviously

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just goes to show having a Premier League ready stadium/training facilities/set up means a lot less than having a vaguely Premier league competitive team.

B'muff punching well above their weight, fair play to em.

The aint called plucky for nothing.

I remain proud with how we've done given the meagre investment at this level. It's even more hard to take when you consider the investment made by a handful of championship clubs this season... we're miles away from that spectrum, and thus miles away from nearly every team in this (higher) division.

We aint called out of our depth for nothing.

We've been blind sided by a couple of BIG (by our previous standards) signings, and foolishly figured 'we'd arrived' before we'd even stepped off the train.

Chris is doing it the only way he knows how, given the lack of PL talent in the squad. That said I'd go for it now, rather than continue to dampen spirits with negative football and playing the gosh darn percentages.

Yet, and here's the rub, I'm not a superb coach and/or football manager and Chris is. So perhaps he knows best, ahem.

As for this fantasy draft striker signing... heh heh... hmmmmmmmm I'm not sure, BUT the terrible displays by Murray et al in recent games might, just might be because they know their days are truly numbered.

Ultimately we've got a very good and potentially excellent championship team, and a pretty poor PL team. In this division all that talks is money, shit loads of it, and I'm not so sure we have all that much available to us.

Cripes when you think about it, it's a miracle were not in the bottom three already... let's look at the signings...

Ryan - a great bargain signing, with the occasional championship level drawback.
Suttner - average at best.
Schelotto - average at best.
Propper - average.
Izquierdo - above average, nothing more.
Gross - above average, nearly good (on his day) at this level.

The rest... championship players, with Dunk possibly good at this level.

Oh well, we gave it a go, but... it wasn't to be.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
'Do we have that fight?'
Well, we didn't have the fight to win the Championship, when it was ours to lose, so probably not.

You can't expect a team to change its identity overnight. We didn't fight our way to promotion, we went up because we outplayed more teams than our rivals. Huddersfield outfought us at their place last season and again this time.

I fear we'll look back and think that Sidwell's injury has really cost us. He's an organiser, a fist-shaker and has Premier League experience. I know we need a striker, but I think we should try to get a central midfield player with some leadership qualities in on loan if we can find one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here