Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Nederlands (& sort of Official Thread)!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd agree with those senitiments if Messi wasn't such a complete tosser. On the pitch, he rivals CR7 and Neymar. Off it, he's a known wànker, unlike the other 2.

On the pitch Messi rivals Neymar? That's mental. Messi's miles ahead of Neymar.

You're right about off the pitch though. A friend of mine met both of them a couple of years ago at the Ballon D'Or ceremony. Messi was, in her words, a massive wanker, while Neymar was apparently very cool and friendly.

Oh, and put me down for a Holland win. A Germany Holland final would be very tasty as would Brazil against the Argies in the losers game.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
really hope the Dutch win tonight

can't face another wankfest on here after last night

how many argies would cheer us on in the semi's???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The nane of the country is the Netherlands, Holland is just a part of it. I confess I don't know where the term "Dutch" comes from.

Even more confusingly, "Dutch" shares its origins with the German word for German: Deutsch. Pennsylvania Dutch aka the Amish are originally from Germany, for example. Both terms derive from "Teutons", I believe.

In any case, I hope that that orange-clad shower get so comprehensively shat on by the Argies this evening that that ugly, cheating, bald, cheese farting tosspiece Robben self-immolates on the halfway line at the final whistle.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Come on Holland

Argentina. I stand to win £70 in the work sweepstake which isn't bad for £1 in.
Think I'm having a blonde moment, how is there £70 in the pot with only 32 teams in the WC and its only a pound a go. Please help.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't mind as long at there is a punch up. Hopefully that baldy diver will get smashed.

:)

31 days until the proper football starts.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmm predicted Holland will win but not actually sure who I want to win - Argies have been dull as ditchwater but gone off the Dutch thanks to the amount of bleating they do. Also Tim Krul during the penalty shoot out. And they spoiled the World Cup Final in 2010.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Even more confusingly, "Dutch" shares its origins with the German word for German: Deutsch. Pennsylvania Dutch aka the Amish are originally from Germany, for example. Both terms derive from "Teutons", I believe.

In any case, I hope that that orange-clad shower get so comprehensively shat on by the Argies this evening that that ugly, cheating, bald, cheese farting tosspiece Robben self-immolates on the halfway line at the final whistle.

Nicely put. I supported Germany last night and tonight it's the Argentines. Never thought I would dislike the Dutch and the Brazilians for their cheating and support the other two.
Next World Cup I might even like the French..................

Haha only joking...

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
hmmmm predicted Holland will win but not actually sure who I want to win - Argies have been dull as ditchwater but gone off the Dutch thanks to the amount of bleating they do. Also Tim Krul during the penalty shoot out. And they spoiled the World Cup Final in 2010.

Is the reason I can't cheer the Dutch on tonight...not that I will be cheering for Argentina.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not a lot of love for either team,Germany all the way for me.

Yes, this. I have Holland in our work sweepstake, and still don't want them to win the tournament. Nice consolation if they do, though!

I have no idea who to support this evening, but it is, predictably, boring so far. Nothing's happened after nearly 15.

Maybe now...Messi?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here