Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leave Your Mobile Phone at Home Day

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
its a phone you don't have to answer it but one day it could save your life or somebody else's.

Meanwhile back in the days of the payphone everyone just accepted death as a hazard of being human in the pre-mobile technology era.

:thumbsup::moo:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One can choose whether to answer/make calls/look at internet on their phone. You can have it on you and not engage with it. I sometimes watch TV and find it's annoying me. I switch ot off, I don't unplug it and put it at the end of the garden.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More than able to give it up for a day. Nobody rings me on it anyway... :(

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
I would love to do this and could possibly think of doing it at a weekend - during the working week I'm allegedly a telecoms manager and expected to be 'available' at all times - it's also how I do most of my work so would struggle to not have it with me.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do we really believe those backward f.ucks who claim they don't own a mobile phone?

Its not a hard one to realise surely? i know several people that don't have a use for a mobile phone.
Why are they "backards" for not needing/wanting or have a use for a mobile phone?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I doubt that there is a single person signed up to NSC that doesn't have a mobile phone. I'll happily leave mine at home for a day

Depends on your definition. I don't have a mobile phone. However I am provided with a mobile phone for work as I have no work landline. Nonetheless, I often have no mobile contact at the weekends ( to the annoyance of my family).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on your definition. I don't have a mobile phone. However I am provided with a mobile phone for work as I have no work landline. Nonetheless, I often have no mobile contact at the weekends ( to the annoyance of my family).

I was thinking leisure and am quite surprised that along with you there are three on this thread who can get by without mobiles. Good to see that some people have resisted :thumbsup:

I remember being able to make arrangements to meet friends/girlfriends a week in advance, and just being able to turn up without having made a call to the person for a week or so. Girls, especially, nowdays seem to need to phone the person they are meeting as they are getting ready to go and meet them. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here