Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The buzz around this game initially was amazing. However they have missed a trick here. This game seems to be dying. I barely logon anymore.

The amount of crashing, the lack of anyway to search coupled with the fact they stopped other sites from telling us where the pokemon are has ruined it all.

Does anyone play anymore. I feel niantic got complacent and i reckon have lost at least 50% of gamers.
I think you are right. My two teenage kids initially loved it. Heck, I even played it, but now they won't let a rooted phone use the latest version so it's goodbye from me. A few cheats and niantic hugely overreacted and ended up spoiling half the fun. I wouldn't mind betting that even less than 50% of their initial bunch of gamers are playing now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My last 3 have been Vaporeon. Could really use a Jolteon the one I have is turd :(

Edit: Looks like the best way to do it is to change the name, restart the app and the try to evolve.
Of the three I think the Vapereon is the Evee to have, it only squirts water at an opponent but by heck it's a killer!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think you are right. My two teenage kids initially loved it. Heck, I even played it, but now they won't let a rooted phone use the latest version so it's goodbye from me. A few cheats and niantic hugely overreacted and ended up spoiling half the fun. I wouldn't mind betting that even less than 50% of their initial bunch of gamers are playing now.

Yeah my 2 have lost interest. The final nail in the coffin was the movement of a local nest (For those interested I noticed Steine Gardens is supposed to be home to multiple Growlithe but they keep moving them so god only knows if that's true) and Pokevision being taken off air. The excitement is capturing new Pokémon not farming Pidgeons, Rats and Weedles.

From my point of view, I didn't mind the odd walk to help the eggs along but whilst [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] has done an impressive achievement capturing 100 Magikarp, that's not something I can be arsed with. The amount of time you have to invest to get anything worth having is beyond even the most patient of individuals.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Yea that's it. They got their knickers in a twist and shut all the cheat sites down without providing a replacement legitimate way to search for the dam things.

They've blown it. Out of about 20 of us who use to play... none of us do now. Shame.

Sick of seeing the same Pidgey and rat shit

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Pokestop outside my work was surrounded by 5 Drowzee's this morning!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Still playing - caught a Charizard at the bus stop in Rottingdean on Monday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still playing - caught a Charizard at the bus stop in Rottingdean on Monday.

The kids still like it which means, with my addictive personality, I'm still at it too, although my interest has waned somewhat. It's a useful tool to have to get them outside.

We're midway through level 27 and have caught 128 different types. Out of interest I looked at some of the ones we haven't caught yet and it looks like around half of them may not even have been released into the wild yet.

I'm genuinely surprised at the slow pace of app evolution to try and keep people hooked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The kids still like it which means, with my addictive personality, I'm still at it too, although my interest has waned somewhat. It's a useful tool to have to get them outside.

We're midway through level 27 and have caught 128 different types. Out of interest I looked at some of the ones we haven't caught yet and it looks like around half of them may not even have been released into the wild yet.

I'm genuinely surprised at the slow pace of app evolution to try and keep people hooked.

Similar for me - my continued playing is as much to do with my OCD for completing (or as close as is possible) the set as anything else.

As far as I am aware, there are indeed a few we can't catch here - Tauros is North America only, Kangaskhan is Australia only, Farfetch'd is Asia only and Ditto, Mew, Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno aren't in the game at all yet.

I totally agree as well about the lack of development to date.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Echo the above two posts. I'm still going strong, level 25, 100 caught.

You can actually hatch the region specific ones, a couple of mates have hatched Tauros from a 10K egg.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
In fairness to this thread, I've been on a Pokemon hunt with the kids this morning being half term. Shed loads of Ghastly, Cubone, Drowzee (aaaarrrggghhhh) and a fair few Meowth kicking about. Didn't see one Pidgeon, rat or weedle.

They seem happy with it at any rate.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In fairness to this thread, I've been on a Pokemon hunt with the kids this morning being half term. Shed loads of Ghastly, Cubone, Drowzee (aaaarrrggghhhh) and a fair few Meowth kicking about. Didn't see one Pidgeon, rat or weedle.

They seem happy with it at any rate.

Those are all Halloween ones.. you'll see a lot of those, and bats for a few days

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Seems things are harder to catch all of a sudden.. my supply of Ultra and Great balls has been badly hit. Still. The double candy on all captures and transfers has softened the blow.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Level 26 here too, with 122 in my Pokedex. Nice thing about the Halloween 'event' is that I'm getting lots of Geodude candy so I'll be able to evolve my Grimer soon. Having a geodude as a buddy at the moment means I only need to walk 0.25km to get a candy!

My interest is starting to wane, but it has been a good way to keep me walking which is good for my arthritis/general health :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Level 26, 143 in pokedex.

It's been a app fpr something to do while walking for me for some time now.

143 caught or seen?

143 caught is quite some going. As I say, from my quick glance the other day I'd guessed more than 6 of the 149 were possibly not even out yet, or not UK-based.

We've been on a little session around Worthing seafront this afternoon. As well as the publicised Halloween ones, there are a whole heap of Cubones and Meowths about. My 6-y-o reckoned they fit in with the theme as the latter could be a witches cat and the former is boney and like a skeleton. He's probably right.

The only thing we're close to getting currently is an Alakazam. The accelerated buddy candy means we'll get there quicker than we would otherwise. After that there's nothing in close range at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here