Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mourinho - SACKED

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've heard from several connected sources up there that they've had Zidane on a retainer for months now... They were almost waiting for Mourinho to implode, and personally I think Mourinho did all he could to help it along.

As mentioned before, I've never liked Mourinho as a person. His successes with clubs were all 'everyone hates us, lets build a fortress around us, hate the outsiders, hate everyone'. In the old days that worked but times have changed. Having a face like a screwed up crisp packet 24/7 doesn't motivate players any more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
At least he can spend Christmas in London with his family, cannot feel sorry for him he’s been angling to be sacked since the start of the season, and the pattern is in keeping with his previous clubs. Still Sky Sports pundits will be lining up to praise him. Pass the sick bag.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mourinho will be delighted, I think he's been actively WAITING to get sacked. His team is a busted flush, they're light years behind City and Liverpool and that embarrasses him. He's become increasingly chippy in the media, he's constantly digging out his players, and has been permanently pissed off for over a year now. He was never going to walk away and write off a £20m+ payoff, so they've finally given him what he's been waiting for. They were never going to back him in the January transfer window. Best for all parties to write off this season and start to rebuild in the summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just my thoughts, shocking timing, I thought this was the season of goodwill to all men??

Crass.

Mourinho has broad shoulders and a massive payoff too I wouldn’t feel too upset about it, he probably isn’t. His ego will have taken a big hit , but is that a bad thing?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just my thoughts, shocking timing, I thought this was the season of goodwill to all men??

Crass.

A £multi-million payoff and the whole of Christmas off sounds terrible.

My heart bleeds for the poor lamb.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Poch to United at the end of the season IF Spurs cant gurantee him money to take them any further.

Not sure Zidane would want to take the role, nor many with reputations that they wish to protect, obviously get it right and your stock only rises, however get it wrong well, look at the last two managers who were sacked from united.

Always thought United was a better fit for Mopo than Real.

£40 million is the fee from all reports.... £63 million with the pay off to Jose to replace him?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Is anyone really surprised , united have been imploding ever since Fergie left with a lack of real direction and leadership from above. Poor appointment in the first place IMO , not the United kind of guy & didnt fit the United style. A serial winner yes but also but you could argue a serial loser just as much as he seems to lose his touch once he hits year 3 in a job.

Not that I am shedding a tear for either club or manager , I would have preferred he stayed and ruined United even more so Albion finish above them in the table.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One week before Christmas. Classy.

There's family history here: Mourinho's dad was once sacked on Christmas Day

Most shocking one was surely Derek Dooley, sacked as Massive's manager on Christmas Eve after 28 years of service, during which he lost his leg for the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
December & January offer them a lot of opportunities for points.

However, I am hoping that they tumble out of the bottom six as I’m sure that any new manager will be forced to address their awful football style, not just the results meaning that their defence will be there for the taking!

Jose is a word class manager, I’d be very surprised if the replacement can do any better with that squad. I hope they get relegated.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A few selected odds:

Nicky Butt 8/1
Alan Curbishley 28/1
Big Sam 50/1
David Moyes 66/1

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Call off the bets, Big Al's in town.

GenuineCraftyAmurminnow-small.gif

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

Crass.

If I was given a cheque for £24 Million quid, they could drag me off Scarlett Johanssen whilst I was on the vinegar strokes and I wouldn't care...

That's him ever more set for life than he was before...

I wonder if he'll now be seen as 'toxic' - or they'll all buy into his past successes. Linford Christie was the fastest sprinter in the world. Doesn't mean he can still do it now. Same with JM.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They have COMPLETELY lost their identity.

Sure, as a kid I HATED them and Fergie but my god did I think they were a brilliant club/team.

They had a style. They had an actual way of playing that was constant, no matter the personel. Two good wingers. Two ball playing central midfielders. One poacher striker. Strong centre backs. You knew what they were going to do. Get bodies in the box and whip it in. They had key players who weren't AMAZING individuals but were part of the bigger picture. Wes Brown, John O Shea, Darren Fletcher, Park Ji Sung etc.

When they got in Moyes I thought it was a good move. This isn't being wise after the event but he was given nowhere near the time or resources he should have. Simply look over the Moyes signings and then the subsequent Van Gaal and Jose ones and you have to think Moyes would have at least built/style a team with that money. Remember, he joined along with a new chief exec. By all accounts he got nowhere near the signings he was asking for. The team now is so disjointed and no one knows the best 11.

Man Utd is not about getting the next super manager in. It's about getting in someone who will get the time and backing to rebuild the team. Sure, it may be too early for someone like Howe but I genuinely feel that's the kind of manager they need to refresh the whole place.

Also, I know the game has moved on but Man Utd were always the club who wanted the best English talent. It was annoying but it really added something. You look at Kane, Maguire, perhaps people like Chilwell and Sancho coming through and think "those would have been the exact sort of players United would break the bank for before". It's not anti-foreigner but there is certainly something for the fans when you have 4 or 5 English players running through your team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here