Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The next 3 aways are the ones that matter. We need to take points / stop the opposition taking points in those games.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmm for me we've been 'getting away with it' for several weeks. The stats kind of prove this; very little possession, very few chances being created and some frankly heroic defending and goalkeeping. Chris himself has stated we're not playing anywhere near our best, and sure as Sunday follows Saturday this trend has continued again.

We needed a shake up and hopefully we'll see that next time out. The most worrying aspect of our play, for me, is how slow we look in possession and how poor we are at retaining the ball if we ever attempt to move play forwards. We look lumbering and ponderous and unless we arrest this promptly, well, we're soon going to be dragged into a genuine relegation battle. In all honesty, from what I've seen in recent weeks, we deserve to be... Shocking I know, but we have been very, very average and very, very lucky.

Everton are clearly not world beaters, yet today they're the cream of Europe.... or were we just 'that' bad?

Still; we've gathered in some useful deposits in the olde points bank but we need more urgency and an effective plan B when we have to chase a game. Finally, I'm with certain others re our summer and/or recent signings... a lot of ££ and no real improvement whatsoever. Worrying and disappointing to say the least.

:(

Dangerous talk now... next time out I'd be dropping:

Bong,
Bruno,
Kayal or Stephen's,
Ali J
March - possibly putting him back out wide.

Never going to happen, but hey, every man must have a dream.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We really aren't very good away from home, are we?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We were lucky Everton did not take their chances. We were second best at everything and our ball retention is so poor, particularly when passing out of defence. As for Dunk's back pass - shocking. Oh well, onwards and upwards - a far more important fixture next week!

Yes Dunk's pass was shocking but no more than the poor efforts of March who just stands around and does cock all game after game. This result has been coming. Lets hope Chris changes it now.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The guys brought in only appeared to have strengthened us in numbers though not the quality that the Premier league needs.

Are you happy with the new lads?

Locadia - doesn't look good, does he, but Winstanley can't win them all.
Bissouma - young and naive, will come good. He played in joke of a league IMO, so it will take alot ot time.
Montoya and Bernardo - good signs.
Jahanbakhsh - a bit like Bissouma, so much to learn and to get physically stronger.

But look at Everton - a shit football team for 20 years, but now Moshiri is artificially $$$$$ transforming them with PL stars such as Sigurdsson, Walcott, Richarlison, etc. They've simply got far better players.

It might be worth avoiding NSC Albion threads for a few days, as everyone will talk themselves into melancholia, with excessive whinging about CH and the players. People seem unable to see that 7 clubs in the PL have a huge financial advantage = far better players than us, especially with home advantage. We got unlikely wins in our last 3 games. Stay positive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah, March was such a weak link. Only one assist, get rid.

One cross from a short corner doesn't make a jot compared to the rest of the game

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was always gonna be hard to get anything here, they have great home against anyone outside top 4

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Dufy is proving to be an absolute rock in this team and he just seems to improve game on game.
Jahanbakhsh isn’t looking the player we were hoping for, I mean Locadia gets judged on a few substitute appearances as a massive flop but this guy has played a lot of minutes and doesn’t look anything special.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Fair. No complaints. They were the better side. Was always going to be very tough to take anything from this fixture. No cause for alarm. Onwards. Etc.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
March isn't a no 10. So poor in that postilion.

Floring looked alright. Would like to see him start now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here