smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are some really nasty pieces of work who comment on there, very mean spirited.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Argus should employ some of our Moderators (and grammar police)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are some really nasty pieces of work who comment on there, very mean spirited.

And the same half dozen freaks comment on absolutely everything. Feel sorry for anyone who has a valid point they'd like to make on an an Argus article. The Argus Comments section is terminally infested with vermin.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The weirdest ones are below the article from the Labour politician about the new homes in Hassocks. Plenty of people complaining about political bias even though it's clearly marked as being an opinion piece from Labour. Do these people never read newspapers? Articles by politicians of all stripes are common newspaper fodder - both national and local. People commenting on this just make themselves look like idiots

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Some of the posters who leave comments below Argus news articles are beyond belief. They make some of the "characters" on here seem relatively normal!
Here's an example if you scroll to the bottom. Just leaves me wondering, "why do they feel the need to bother?"
Always been rife with trolls there.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16129965.police-closed-off-roads-after-serious-car-crash-in-worthing/?ref=mr&lp=3

Pffft, try the comment section on RT, anyone will do its beyond the twighlight zone.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The same posters react to trolls a dozen times a day on The Albion stories. Life definately too short for that !

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's really badly moderated. I've sometimes seen such deeply insensitive comments on there I've been compelled to report them. For instance if there's a story about a child or teenager who's been killed in an accident or in an assault it's quite normal to see a load of comments criticising and questioning the parents' parenting skills for allowing their child to be in the situation which led to them being killed, even if the circumstances of the child's death had nothing to do with any irresponsibility or neglect on the part of the parents whatsoever. I just imagine the grieving parents reading the article and coming across all those toxic comments. The Argus don't seem to self-police the comments and seem quite happy for those comments to be left on there unless they are reported. I know they cant keep an eye on all the comments but there are certain articles that you know are going to attract the vermin and which will have the potential to cause extreme distress to anyone remotely connected to the subject of the article.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's really badly moderated. I've sometimes seen such deeply insensitive comments on there I've been compelled to report them. For instance if there's a story about a child or teenager who's been killed in an accident or in an assault it's quite normal to see a load of comments criticising and questioning the parents' parenting skills for allowing their child to be in the situation which led to them being killed, even if the circumstances of the child's death had nothing to do with any irresponsibility or neglect on the part of the parents whatsoever. I just imagine the grieving parents reading the article and coming across all those toxic comments. The Argus don't seem to self-police the comments and seem quite happy for those comments to be left on there unless they are reported. I know they cant keep an eye on all the comments but there are certain articles that you know are going to attract the vermin and which will have the potential to cause extreme distress to anyone remotely connected to the subject of the article.

Maybe there's a few moderators on there who arse lick the trolls allowing them to do no wrong?

I've noticed some of the trolls on the Argus are giving each other thumbs up for every knobbish post they make. It's as if they've set up a cyber firm who will protect each other no matter how desperate their trolling comes across.

Sad cases would be polite.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not defending the trolls on the Argus. They clearly don't have a lot going on in their lives, but it's a bit rich of NSC to be taking the moral high ground on trolling, wouldn't you say?

Not when compared to that. NSC has idiots and ingnoramouses, The Argus has utter scum.

A thread on NSC is often made interesting and comedic by the trolls. In The Argus it just becomes disturbing.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

NSC has a Mod who thinks it is funny to put up made up pictures of Hitler for a laugh

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
A thread on NSC is often made interesting and comedic by the trolls. In The Argus it just becomes disturbing.

I personally don't find humorous trolling at the expense of someone else that funny, in-fact, I find it rather disturbing how people in their middle ages, with kids, come on a Football forum and start venting their crap at someone year after year. For example, all Hove Born n Bred needs to do is log on and then he suddenly has half of the Amex berating him about who he is. And why do some users feel the need to join in with the already large amounts of users all getting their cheap kicks from mobbing the one user?

There's definitely a trolling issue on NSC which will obviously be approached with denial. There's some very creepy users on here who'll remember your every word and mistake from years gone back just so they can they remind you of it years and years later. These same trolls disguise their insanity by berating other users with mental health 'jokes' whilst giving and receiving their much needed thumbs up from fellow trolls. I'll point them out next time they start having their weekly online projection time.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here