Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jovetic

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Was reading "Marca' today at a cafe in Spain and it was on about him going to Sevilla.
Can't see this one happening

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is my opinion that Murray offers more than Hemed to the team, it's all about opinions.

Well he does, the career and 2016/17 stats don't lie.

Would anyone try to make out that Hemed's now a more important player?

But this season both have faced the same thing. Man City - Hemed was owned by the entire defence, which he had to play on his isolated own. LCFC - Murray was owned by the entire defence, which he had to play on his isolated own.

Only a no.9 of the abilities of Drogba or Costa could be play effectively in that scenario.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Not one that gets my juices flowing to be honest, strikes me as an expensive sulker who's forgot what he gets paid for.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well he does, the career and 2016/17 stats don't lie.

Would anyone try to make out that Hemed's now a more important player?

But this season both have faced the same thing. Man City - Hemed was owned by the entire defence, which he had to play on his isolated own. LCFC - Murray was owned by the entire defence, which he had to play on his isolated own.

Only a no.9 of the abilities of Drogba or Costa could be play effectively in that scenario.

But don't you think the issue is Gross not pushing up close enough, because he is playing more as a 4-5-1 than a 4-1-1?

I think both Murray and Hemed need to play with someone very close to them nearer to 4-4-2.

As you say Drogba is probably the most effective example of this.

What I find interesting is that despite it working relatively well against Athletico, when we played a higher line, we seem to have dropped back to the 18 yard line, in terms of our defensive starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was reading "Marca' today at a cafe in Spain and it was on about him going to Sevilla.
Can't see this one happening

He probably wants to, but I reckon the fly in the ointment is that we've offered Inter more money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But don't you think the issue is Gross not pushing up close enough, because he is playing more as a 4-5-1 than a 4-1-1?

I think both Murray and Hemed need to play with someone very close to them nearer to 4-4-2.

What I find interesting is that despite it working relatively well against Athletico, when we played a higher line, we seem to have dropped back to the 18 yard line, in terms of our defensive starting point.

True.

I suppose the 5 man midfield needs to have a lot of pace in it, and PL quality, to give that support.

Otherwise easier said than done, in getting support up with our no.9.

Or play the hard press like others, so naturally our entire team is close to our striker.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Sevilla were very fortunate to get through to the Champions League group stages last night. Watched the final 20 minutes or so on tv. The opposition from Istanbul were the width of a post away from knocking them out late on in the second leg. Fine margins. Knowing Sevilla they'll probably finish third in their group and then go and win the Europa League, again.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Well we will be paying Murray for at least 2 more years as he has a contract until June 2019.

Yeah, so Murray 2 seasons left, could well retire after his contract finishes with us...Hemed 5/6. Given that their performances can't be split and Hemed has a higher sell on value surely it would be astute business to sell Hemed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Also Gross whilst a hard worker is a tad one paced....and that definitely isn't pacey

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Also Gross whilst a hard worker is a tad one paced....and that definitely isn't pacey

I think potentially in terms of our signings, he may prove to be the best........

Just based on his Bundersliga form. The trouble with foreign signings, is that the pace and interpretation of the rules catch them by surprise.

He just has yet to prove it and was shocking at Leicester.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, so Murray 2 seasons left, could well retire after his contract finishes with us...Hemed 5/6. Given that their performances can't be split and Hemed has a higher sell on value surely it would be astute business to sell Hemed.

Hemed won't be starring in the PL or Chamionship in 5 years time. A vital squad player to us in the last two years, but he's only going to get even slower and less mobile.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hemed won't be starring in the PL or Chamionship in 5 years time. A vital squad player to us in the last two years, but he's only going to get even slower and less mobile.

I agree, and I still think Murray is a more clinical striker even now.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
https://talksport.com/football/form...join-brighton-after-talks#tlokaKJc67CcEWGf.99

Former Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic has rejected an offer from Brighton.
The 27-year-old has been told he can leave Inter Milan this summer as he is no longer in their first-team plans.
The Montenegro international is attracting plenty of interest and he has already turned down an offer to join Newcastle United.
Now, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Jovetic has now also snubbed an approach from Brighton.
The newly-promoted Premier League side reportedly had a bid of around £15m for the forward accepted by Inter earlier this week.
But, after holding talks with the Seagulls, Jovetic has rejected their contract offer and he is prepared to wait until a more attractive proposal presents itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here