Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do ghosts exist?

Do ghosts exist?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Me too. It would be most embarrassing to meet all those bloody Christians I've been arguing with for years all saying "I told you so".

If they were genuine, they wouldn't say "I told you so". They would rejoice in you getting there.

And I voted no ghosts.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just consulted the spirit world via my 0uija board the answer was surprisingly ...

ouija430-b.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As sceptics point out, billions of people now walk around with a camera in their pocket with millions of videos and pictures being taken every day and there is not one credible image. What it does tell us though in my opinion is the power of the human psyche in terms of what it can conjure up at times of anxiety, stress and grief.

Define credible. What parameters do you actually expect?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I abosolutely LOVE paranormal shit, I spend hours at work listening to bizarre podcasts about all that stuff, it makes the world colourful and some of the characters they have as guests are either fascinating or straight amusement. Having said that, as someone who has spent plenty of time also doing music production I can safely say that EVPs are absolute guff on a level with orbs.

There are so many explanations it's hard to know where to begin really, but noise floors on handheld recorders, cross modulation, ground loops, crappy inbuilt noise cancelling software on said recorders, mic sensitivity levels..... I could knock you up an EVP in whatever sitation you want if I wanted to using any of my field mics. Technical stuff aside, our brains top it all off by making patterns out of nonsense and believing what we want to believe or expect to hear.

I've had an "experience" though, went to pluckly with some mates about 10 years back to camp in the woods. I saw something I've struggled to reason with myself with, I dunno what it was, but the juries still out for me on ghosts. The kid in me would love to see something concrete.

How do you know all EVPs are guff?

Are you saying every single voice captured on a recording are fake or some other noise that "apparently" sounds like a human voice?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No. I'd put most accounts of seeing those who have died down to overactive imaginations coupled with heightened emotions of either grief or anxiety/ fear. I'd like to think those who I have lost aren't stuck here and have 'moved on'.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My local Mr Whippy van is haunted...keeping hearing it sells "I scream...' :wozza:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
They do exist, but not many people are susceptible to seeing them.

There are two members of my family who can see ghosts. One also has synesthesia, which makes me wonder whether it is some kind of cross-wiring of the senses.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I think it's just an impression left in the ether as it were so not real but just a sort of mist left hanging. My neighbour was driving in the Lake District once and had to slow for a regiment of Roman soldiers on the road which he assumed was one of those re-enactments. After carefully passing them he checked the rear view mirror and there was nothing at all there. He is a pretty genuine bloke so I do believe him, however, he is a Watford supporter so you never know!

Probably had legionnaire's disease too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here