Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you swap your other half for a better, newer model?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yea of course you was. Why say other half?. Every knows that other half is used instead of Mrs's. Same as better half, ball and chain ect. ect.

I would dump my girlfriend if she wrote ect instead of etc. We have already fallen out on her inability to understand your and you're in text messages :)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
nope, seriously not for anyone in the world, known her since i was 15 , finally got together 2 years ago.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Having been swapped for a different model, I availed myself of the opportunity to get a better, newer model. It pains me to tell you that my ex's different model swapped her for a better, newer model within the year. Sweet karma.
Please tell me you had a smirk on your face next time you saw her ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't trust these newer models, all those fancy dials and twiddly bits I would never know what I was doing. Give me my old reliable 3 door anyday.

& Yes, I am talking about the wife.

Must be a coupe with a tailgate for rear access.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It kind of depends how much she "kicks off" when I go to the Sheffield Wednesday game this coming Tuesday. Apparently ,it's her birthday that day. Perhaps I'll ask her if she wants to see the game as well.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In a word no.
It is our Golden Wedding on 12th March so it was a bit of luck that the Reading game was moved and moved and moved.
We always said when we might have split we could not afford to and when we could afford to there did not seem to be much point.

You're quite the romantic aren't you ?

For me, swapped sometime ago and certainly don't want to do it again. It's painful and expensive.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I can just see all the yes people sitting there thinking "nope, I better not post in this thread"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Would you swap your other half for a better, newer model?

There is more chance of the other way round, My current model has been good ten years younger for as long as I have known her, and she is defiantly the better half, so in short I am very happy.... Thank you....

Besides I just can't be arsed even window shopping anymore, never mind testing and trying out the newer models....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Definitely if I could find someone better.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It kind of depends how much she "kicks off" when I go to the Sheffield Wednesday game this coming Tuesday. Apparently ,it's her birthday that day. Perhaps I'll ask her if she wants to see the game as well.

Coincidentally, it's my birthday on Tuesday as well. I am going to the football.

I'll be out for my birthday meal on Wednesday. Why not suggest this arrangement to her?

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here