Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to campaign to leave the EU

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Ahh, Sturgeon. Yes, that towering colossus from North of the Border who was happy to have a "Once In A Generation" poll on independence - UNTIL SHE LOST. A real person of integrity who you can TRUST.

All politicians are liars and are in it for themselves. I don't belive any of them. I happen to like Boris as he isn't stage managed. He has no problem making a "fool" of himself, but is a lot smarter than he persona portrays.

I want out but I'm not going to make pithy statements on trusting Gove, Johnson, Farage, Galloway et al. However, Farage has constantly stated that the EU does not work, is undemocratic and unaccountable (and no-one can deny the facts in his denigration of the EU Paliament). So, I am in the out camp but I won't give pathetic retorts as to TRUSTING some MP's and not others because they happen to be on my side.

Yes, another good response.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
This issue is BIGGER than party politics, hence the freedom to campaign for their beliefs. However, the outers know that there will be a price to pay in the short-medium term for their stance.

I'm in the BREXIT camp as I would rather have national politicians who I don't trust running the country, rather than unelected bureaucrats who I've never heard of from other countries dictating to us.

You've got that right.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The terrible tragedy of this issue is that the *concept* of a combined Europe is absolutely brilliant. A corner of the world which has a significant majority of the greatest minds, engineers, inventors, artists ,etc.
If it was properly organised and run efficiently, with democratic and transparent principles, it would be an absolute world-beater. A population almost equal to China, boasting all the above advantages would leave the USA and Chinese in the shade.

And that concept can clearly remain so its not a tragedy is it? This referendum is about the EU dictatorship, and why anyone should accept this I find it very hard to believe, but thanks to our lame poIiticians over the decades, this is where we find ourselves.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Hilarious, so you want to be part of the EU that reversed/circumvented the democratic mandate of Syriza who campaigned against austerity! The EU insisted on continuing austerity, privatisation bullying Syriza into submission which has resulted in horrendous consequences for the poor and vulnerable in Greece. If Podemos dared step out of line the same would happen. Still better to abandon the most needy in society than share a platform with Farage eh comrade.

Agree.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cameron has just blown Boris out of the water. He has never sounded better. Good luck to him with this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The conservative leadership election campaign has started . . . . R5 says Boris is looking at Cameron with scorn. I'm no tory but I find this very disconcerting. I wonder how those on here who think Cameron is a top man, yet want 'out' and will vote 'out', think about all this . . . .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The conservative leadership election campaign has started . . . . R5 says Boris is looking at Cameron with scorn. I'm no tory but I find this very disconcerting. I wonder how those on here who think Cameron is a top man, yet want 'out' and will vote 'out', think about all this . . . .
I hope there's going to be some good entertaining outtakes from all this on the radio for the afterwork drive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh no, it will be very costly :down:

Like now then.
Oh no, we're all alone :cry:

Scaremongering claptrap. We were all alone and weak when we faced Napoleon and two world wars. We're not babies. We would continue to support European countries as we did in the past, but we don't need to share their unelected leaders.

You obviously didn't watch War and Peace, then, or have never listened to the 1812 Overture and read the sleeve notes, because both were about the Russians - big country - fighting this French Geezer called Napoleon.

And as for being on our own in two world wars, that is just silly.

Ooh, touchy. He stated CABINET. It quite clearly states that. Your reply was factually wrong as most cabinet members are voting IN. So, if you can show me something which disproves that point, I will accept I'm wrong. Otherwise, you can shut it matey.

Good lord - are you usually this hard of understanding. I'll walk you through this REALLY slowly.

I contended the majority of Tory voters would vote out. He made the completely irrelevant point in response that the majority of Cameron's placemen in the cabinet would back IN. Irrelevant as Tory cabinet members don't have millions of votes, they have one like the rest of us.

I really thought this was a fairly uncontroversial point as all surveys point to a clear majority for Tory OUT as soon as you widen outside Cam's cabinet. Two-thirds Tory MPs are out according to a Guardian survey - latest polling survey has a 10 point lead in Tory voters - this was before Gove and Boris provided a rallying point, I bet it will be something like 20 points now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You obviously didn't watch War and Peace
I did. I didn't learn anything about the Napoleonic war though, that's always been a keen interest of mine. See post 181.

And as for being on our own in two world wars, that is just silly.
Yes it is silly if that's what you think. I was responding to Behind Enemy Lines who was saying we'd be on our own and weaker if we weren't in the EU, but as is obvious to everyone, we weren't in the EU in the past, and we weren't alone either.

Bookmaker [MENTION=11750]Will[/MENTION]HillBet says that 74.9% of all EU referendum bets and 64.7% of the money gambled have been for Brexit

Getting interesting now

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No matter how hard i try, I can't imagine Johnson going head to head with Putin.
There would only be one winner, and it wouldn't be the Blond Buffoon

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"The prime minister has tried hard but the EU refused to give the British people what they want.

EU courts and politicians will still be in charge of our borders, our courts and our economy. The deal is not legally binding and can be ripped up by EU judges after our vote. Even if it did come into force it would change just 1% of the EU Treaties.

The only way to take back control over our economy to free up our businesses to create more jobs and growth is to Vote Leave."

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Boris Johnson is a devious Buffoon and only has his own self interest at heart, it would be extremely foolish to follow him in a leave campaign, as it will take us years to re-negotiate trade deals with Europe "Canada has been trying to for the last 9 years." The European union is by no means perfect but do you want to be at the mercy of the draconian laws a right wing tory party will try to push through without the moderating effect of the European union?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Boris Johnson is a devious Buffoon and only has his own self interest at heart, it would be extremely foolish to follow him in a leave campaign, as it will take us years to re-negotiate trade deals with Europe "Canada has been trying to for the last 9 years." The European union is by no means perfect but do you want to be at the mercy of the draconian laws a right wing tory party will try to push through without the moderating effect of the European union?[/QUOTE]

What draconian laws might that be then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No matter how hard i try, I can't imagine Johnson going head to head with Putin.
There would only be one winner, and it wouldn't be the Blond Buffoon
Right, but you think Cameron or Corbyn would take Putin down?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boris Johnson is a devious Buffoon and only has his own self interest at heart
But you love David Cameron, right? I don't care what his interests are, I certainly won't be voting based on the interests of either George Galloway or Nicola Sturgeon either, I will vote based on what I think, having listened to all sides.

it would be extremely foolish to follow him in a leave campaign, as it will take us years to re-negotiate trade deals with Europe "Canada has been trying to for the last 9 years."
We are not Canada. The EU does not rely on Canada for its exports, the EU does rely on the UK.

The European union is by no means perfect but do you want to be at the mercy of the draconian laws a right wing tory party will try to push through without the moderating effect of the European union?
If we don't like the laws the tory party want to push through, we get to vote them out. That's the beauty of democracy. It's only if staying with the EU that we don't get to vote out the leaders when we disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here