Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Final

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Young has been good every time I've watched him this season. Appalling footballer, do me a favour

Point taken. But compared to previous Man Utd/England players, Jones, Young & Rashford seem very lacklustre; it’s almost as if they were selected because of the club they play for.

And you’re right, dull & awful football match.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nothing more satisfying than seeing grown man u fans booing.

They don't know what disappointment means.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Point taken. But compared to previous Man Utd/England players, Jones, Young & Rashford seem very lacklustre; it’s almost as if they were selected because of the club they play for.

Young has earnt it in my opinion, the others up for debate. Actually no debate on Jones, he is a walking disaster area.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree Jones and Young should never have 3 lions on their chest.

Rashford is a different matter IMO.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it just me who finds Abide With Me a boring dirge , which evokes no feelings , other than a wish to get it over with?

It was pretty emotional when played about 20 minutes before the United game two weeks ago with tributes to the fallen fans during the past 12 months on the big screens

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That was enthralling, I love modern finals, the complete unpredictability of the occasion and the sheer variety of teams that contest the fixture each year. Also the way the crowds stay glued to their seats throughout and stick around to give their players deserved applause for a long hard season. And finally all the fireworks, belting music and hundreds of VIPs muscling in on the players moment to delay the trophy presentation by 20minutes after the whistle just make it so special and far better than the old days. It would be churlish to even suggest Wembley finals are a sea of plastic, chairing a sea of plastics. Hopefully it’ll be Chelsea v Arsenal next season zzzzzzzz

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That was enthralling, I love modern finals, the complete unpredictability of the occasion and the sheer variety of teams that contest the fixture each year. Also the way the crowds stay glued to their seats throughout and stick around to give their players deserved applause for a long hard season. And finally all the fireworks, belting music and hundreds of VIPs muscling in on the players moment to delay the trophy presentation by 20minutes after the whistle just make it so special and far better than the old days. It would be churlish to even suggest Wembley finals are a sea of plastic, chairing a sea of plastics. Hopefully it’ll be Chelsea v Arsenal next season zzzzzzzz

If they bend the rules so it's Chelsea v Chelsea next season a few fans might stick around for the trophy walk round and to clap the losing side too.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Well that was exciting. They are desperately attempting to talk up the action on BBC. Highlights of 10 seconds, massive advert to the world. Please please make the fourth champions league place available to the cup winners. Christ i'm bored.

D

Deleted member 22389

Terrible. Something needs to change. Was that really the fa cup final.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well here's one. Betfred up here in the window had home win, both teams to score odds, and away win both teams to score odds, with Utd as the home team. How odd

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mourinho is totally the wrong manager for United, he has set them back years with his style compared to their traditional fast flowing attacking football and spent obscene amounts doing it

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
As dull a game as you can expect from two teams whose talent and ability have suffered under Moanihno.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Premier League?!...you're having a laugh!

Technically woeful game of football, considering the talent on the pitch.

That's the problem though, United second in The Premier League, looked woeful today as they did against us. Paul Pogba could be a giant of a player but no way can he justify his enormous price tag. He looked ordinary today and against us. Jones and Smalling are appalling, I would much rather have Dunk and Duffy. How did they scrape second place? Chelsea are almost as bad, Hazard being the only stand out player.......look what he did against us. I am afraid United are all hype and have been found out against teams who can defend. I like Lingard and Rashford but against world class defenders look inadequate.
Not looking good for England, hope I am wrong but they need to be more at the game than today or else they will be anonymous at the world cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here