Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
LEAVE HOME NOW. Traffic in the city is very bad. Also seems the away coaches are making a day of it and dropping in the city centre. Roads will be full later.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure if on here but Man U journo reckons Sanchez hasn’t travelled...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr reports the United bus was surrounded by Albion 'fans' as they arrived and there was lots of cheering.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Manager Jose Mourinho said Brighton provided his Manchester United side with "probably the hardest match we've had this season" after a narrow win for the hosts at Old Trafford.

An unfortunate Lewis Dunk own goal was enough to earn United an 11th straight home win and cut Manchester City's lead at the top to five points ahead of their game at Huddersfield on Sunday.

Brighton had been the better team up until Ashley Young's attempt from the edge of the area hit Dunk and looped over keeper Mat Ryan into the net.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42035414

What I remember of the game was Ashley Young running like a sprinter half the pitch back to stop what should have been the equaliser, but Young stopped the pass making 2 on 3 into 3 on 3.

And the Bruno overlaps and crosses which Murray would not have been quick enough to connect with in his prime. One newspaper commented about Brighton’s pace on the right wing. That would have been Bruno.

And their flukey goal from another corner and the Bong affair.

I hope we win this 3-1 (not 4-1 for 50/1 reasons).

I hope we win 3-1 (and Gross to score for 175/1 reasons)

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
ed8f95b7135063a98a8dbdd29b69a734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They were just interviewing some Man Utd away fans on Sky. At least 50% were wearing half and half scarves; three out of nine with southern accents, one from Spain (I think). They really do fit their stereotype sometimes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
ed8f95b7135063a98a8dbdd29b69a734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nights like tonight make all those terrible games at Gillingham with no light at the end of the tunnel worth while....

We are here, We survived, We arrived, and let’s make sure we stay with a win tonight, come on the love of my life, Come on Albion, make it the best night ever at he Amex..... SEEEEEAAAGULLLLS

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They were just interviewing some Man Utd away fans on Sky. At least 50% were wearing half and half scarves; three out of nine with southern accents, one from Spain (I think). They really do fit their stereotype sometimes.
Very dorky indeed and I really can't grasp why a southerner would support a northern club unless you have proper links or some sort of affinity.

Embarrassing breeds indeed....:nono:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh great Mata starts. Jose hardly ever starts his best player but does against us. Prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here