Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The price tag on COG

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If CMS is not in the managers plans (or he will not commit to a new contract ) then IMO it is him that i would replace.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
COG comes across as a nice guy. Physically he's a good fit for us. The attitude and work rate are great. He seems capable of holding off two or three defenders while he waits for support. He can score at this level, in a poor team.

Not a perfect finisher but then if he was, he'd be playing for a better side than us. Hope we can hang onto him and the club does what it can to help his family settle.

I suspect he's a player that was in dire need of a confidence boost and the reaction he's getting from the fans right now must be bringing out the best in him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why can't we offer Sheffield United CMS at the same price ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But it's not one is it, he's played well every single game (since Sami left).

As I said earlier on, I think last night was the first time a lot of our fans got to see the real COG, those of us lucky enough to see him away in the London Trilogy know this appears to be how he plays regularly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said earlier on, I think last night was the first time a lot of our fans got to see the real COG, those of us lucky enough to see him away in the London Trilogy know this appears to be how he plays regularly.
If he meant what he said in that interview, then he is being appreciated now, and he should be staying. He he says he wants to go, then that interview suddenly seems a bit insincere.

I fully appreciate that it's been a difficult few months for him and his family, but being a professional footballer has its cons as well as its pros. Having to move around, play for different managers, and sometimes be unappreciated are the downsides, but they're more than made up for by the positives.

He simply has to stay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have to say that was a top, top centre forward display by O'Grady last night. On that showing, Sheff U don't get there man.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Saw that Martin O'Neil was at the match last night. Wonder who he was watching? ....With a name of O'Grady, is there an Irish connection there?????

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would remove the price tag, sort him out with a good school for his kids and a support network for his partner and tell him that we want him to stay.

In the position we are in, to sell a player that we have been crying out for all season would be rather silly. No, he may not be the best we could hope for, but he is a proper professional, in form and we now know what he can do and what his strengths are.

Very well said. But he was actually impressive last night.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he carries on playing like the last few games, then hope he stays. CH will then presumably have the problem of dealing with an unhappy Leon Best........................................

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hughton seemed to infer last night that the Sheffield United deal for O'Grady is far from definite.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For starters, COG has to play Sunday, not least because Best is cuptied.

I think Hughton will try and hang on to him. His interview after Brentford was great, not least because he said although it's been v difficult for his family (being down south), he was a pro and would play wherever he was wanted. When he was subbed last night he made a point of clapping the whole ground in appreciation of that support.

PG

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Wonder if this means he is on the way to United.

Colchester United FC ✔ [MENTION=28861]COL[/MENTION]U_Official
Follow
We are delighted to welcome Sheffield United striker Chris Porter to the U's on an 18 month contract #ColU
12:00 PM - 22 Jan 2015

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would remove the price tag, sort him out with a good school for his kids and a support network for his partner and tell him that we want him to stay.

In the position we are in, to sell a player that we have been crying out for all season would be rather silly.
Indeed.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Keep however CMS needs to be shipped out pronto. If he'd played last night we wouldn't have won that game.O'Grady gave their defence a torrid time right from the off and never gave them a moments peace coupled with great hold up play, bringing others into the game and a good solid first touch. Interestingly we had midfielders running beyond him when the ball was being played to him in the belief that he would win it and play the ball on to them. When CMS is playing no-one dares venture further forward as they know he will trip over the ball or fumble about with it before losing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here