Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aussie Pink Floyd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not purely a tribute band as such, but quite fancy seeing THIS at the Theatre Royal in December. Friends who have been say it's really good.

29320_full.png

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yup, according to Wiki there is some kind of feud among the remaining members.

The feud isn't there with the same intensity that there was during the late 70's, but according to some Roger and David aren't still bestest buddies. Coupled with the fact that RIchard Wright is no longer with us, and David has spoken out against doing a massive long tour as a group (though does seem happy to tour his own work...) it seems highly unlikely. I remember hearing an interview saying they would consider a one-off if something of the same magnitude as 2005's Live 8 gig came about, but that remains to be seen.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Perversely Brit Floyd's 2011 Liverpool gig has almost 19 million watches on YouTube, which dwarfs the viewing numbers for most of Pink Floyd's stuff, live or otherwise, on YouTube.
I had not heard of them before reading this thread.

Watching the you tube video of their first show. They are very good !

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Missing out then. Been to loads and enjoyed them all. Cheap tickets and night out. Next one i'm off to is a Jam one with original guitarist in the band in Jan. Much rather be out then sitting ay home watching dvds.

Oh well....spent some money and took the wife to see Elvis tonight......absolutely brilliant and a great night.....first tribute act I have paid for and wont be the last....

The real Kevin 'bloody' Wilson next month.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not purely a tribute band as such, but quite fancy seeing THIS at the Theatre Royal in December. Friends who have been say it's really good.

29320_full.png

Saw this at the Harold Pinter Theatre a few months ago and I agree with your friends. Well worth seeing if you are a Kinks fan. Get lost in the Sixties for an hour or so.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Despite being prime agegroup for Pink Floyd, and the fact that Genesis ( Gabriel ) is my all time favourite band, somehow "the Floyd" passed me by.

However last night I was at the Brighton Centre, with a lot of other old gits (and surprisingly numerous kids) for Aussie Pink Floyd.

Fantastic! What a show!
It was an amazing visual and musical production.
Total bargain at 40 quid.

I wouldn't say I was converted, but was very very pleasantly surprised.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also there last night. About the 4th or 5th time I've seen them. Absolutely superb as usual.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not altogether that enthused about the idea of tribute bands. At the wrong end of the spectrum they're just a cover band who've decided to only cover one band's music. The Bootleg Beatles, however, I have to say have been fantastic every time I've seen them, I suppose particularly because they're playing Beatle music live that the Beatles never did play live - and playing it brilliantly.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Despite being prime agegroup for Pink Floyd, and the fact that Genesis ( Gabriel ) is my all time favourite band, somehow "the Floyd" passed me by.

However last night I was at the Brighton Centre, with a lot of other old gits (and surprisingly numerous kids) for Aussie Pink Floyd.

Fantastic! What a show!
It was an amazing visual and musical production.
Total bargain at 40 quid.

I wouldn't say I was converted, but was very very pleasantly surprised.

Did you get to see musical box, Canadian Genesis tribute band, when they played at the theatre Royal last month? They play the Gabriel Genesis almost to perfection.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Did you get to see musical box, Canadian Genesis tribute band, when they played at the theatre Royal last month? They play the Gabriel Genesis almost to perfection.

The Musical Box are utterly brilliant.
I was indeed at the gig last month and habe seen them previously in York, Bristol and London.

Anyone who wouldn't go to a "tribute" band gig on principle is missing out.
Los Endos are decent, but The Musical Box are different class

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The Musical Box are utterly brilliant.
I was indeed at the gig last month and habe seen them previously in York, Bristol and London.

Anyone who wouldn't go to a "tribute" band gig on principle is missing out.
Los Endos are decent, but The Musical Box are different class

I was there too. I loved the drummer, they way he played was just like watching a young Phil.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Been to see the ELO Experience a few times and saw Jeff Lynne’s ELO at the O2 recently. Worryingly, the ELO Experience seem to have caught him up. 🤔

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I hear they are ok but you can't beat the real thing. Pleased to have seen them in Madison Square Garden in July 1977 and Earls Court in June 1981. Brilliant days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm surprised this thread is so long, tbh. Tomorow I am going to pretend to go to work. Hoping to win an award :thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Never gone to a tribute band gig and have no intention of doing so.

Listen to the original albums or watch the DVDs far more enjoyable.

Oh by the way, which one's pink?

If you have never been to see a tribute band then how do you know they are 'far more enjoyable' ?

Most of the tributes have very good musicians. Live music as an experience is generally better though audio quality might not be as good as a DVD. But that is true for the real act as much as the tribute. the big benefit is you are usually in a small venue rather than some great big theatre/stadium/park where you are watching them on a screen as you can't see the artist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here