Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I don't know how long it takes for someone who has transferred into another country, a tight-knit team, fighting relegation to feel at "home" and able to perform near their best. I guess it differs on an individual basis. Locadia's playing opportunities have been limited and circumstances have dictated that. None of us could have expected Murray to lead the line as he has done - forget his ability, just the fact that he has stayed so fit and available for selection is incredible really. That said, the coaching team do see the player every day and they will be making the call as to how quickly the player is developing alongside the squad. They clearly haven't seen enough to suggest that he at a level to challenge Murray enough and continue us to play the way they believe we have to play. Locadia will know this, regardless of whether he has been spoken to directly or not. This must have a huge impact on his confidence, which in turn will impact his ability to rise to the challenge. That is part of the challenge that he has taken on, and he hasn't as yet been able to get past it.. I feel sorry for him, not because he hasn't necessarily been treated fairly - this after-all is the challenge for all footballers who move clubs, but because he is struggling. I hate the way that people say that he just doesn't care, doesn't try, can't be bothered. I just don't believe that can be the case for someone who has taken the risk he has. Torres was an example of this too wasn't he? It probably is time for him to move, for both parties, and I hope he can rediscover his confidence and get back to form. I also hope we can find a replacement that can push Murray and Andone harder .

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Understandable from his point of view. Wonder whether in a year we might be reading the same article by Mr Andone?

Agreed, and I hope not - his first touch seems to be immeasurably better than Locan'tia, and seems to have the balance and strength to deal with big centre backs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know how long it takes for someone who has transferred into another country, a tight-knit team, fighting relegation to feel at "home" and able to perform near their best. I guess it differs on an individual basis. Locadia's playing opportunities have been limited and circumstances have dictated that. None of us could have expected Murray to lead the line as he has done - forget his ability, just the fact that he has stayed so fit and available for selection is incredible really. That said, the coaching team do see the player every day and they will be making the call as to how quickly the player is developing alongside the squad. They clearly haven't seen enough to suggest that he at a level to challenge Murray enough and continue us to play the way they believe we have to play. Locadia will know this, regardless of whether he has been spoken to directly or not. This must have a huge impact on his confidence, which in turn will impact his ability to rise to the challenge. That is part of the challenge that he has taken on, and he hasn't as yet been able to get past it.. I feel sorry for him, not because he hasn't necessarily been treated fairly - this after-all is the challenge for all footballers who move clubs, but because he is struggling. I hate the way that people say that he just doesn't care, doesn't try, can't be bothered. I just don't believe that can be the case for someone who has taken the risk he has. Torres was an example of this too wasn't he? It probably is time for him to move, for both parties, and I hope he can rediscover his confidence and get back to form. I also hope we can find a replacement that can push Murray and Andone harder .

It's difficulty to feel sorry for someone when the 'risk' he has taken is to accept a job where he earns more in a week than most of us do in a year! I do accept that he probably wants to play football on a regular basis, but I do wonder what his (and his agent's) reaction would be if he gets offered the chance for regular football elsewhere, but at a lower rate of pay.
Let's hope we don't end up continuing to pay his wages when he's playing in Bundesliga division 3, or wherever.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So you can tell that he isn't Premier League quality from just eleven appearances can you? with the vast majority of those just being a few minutes at a time when coming off the bench?

If Chris Hughton thinks the same, then maybe the poor lad really should go home.

If you are Premier League quality then in eleven appearances, even short ones, you should be able to show something.

Andone has had maybe two short appearances and I've seen more that convinces me of his quality than I saw in Locadia in his eleven. Not trying to be harsh, but that's how it is.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem lays in the system we play- and that won't change. His opportunities will be limited.

IS he good enough for this level ? Not sure about that. He'd serve a Championship team well. But at half what Albion paid for him.

Some don't work out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bad egg as well as a shit player.

Get rid.

Has had chances and isn't up to it.

And one showed more in 25 minutes v Cardiff than Locadia had in numerous appearances.

Did Andone play well ? I didn't see it.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
We live right by Hove Park, can’t say I’ve noticed this going on
He didn't talk to them though. It was an "intrigue with De Telegraaf". So probably lots of clandestine exchanges of encrypted messages through a network of shadowy spies meeting on park benches in Hove Park etc.

boik

Being played out of position isn’t relevant when you fail to control the ball and look disinterested.

Clearly has some ability, the ball he played through for Bissouma at Newcastle being one example.... however looks too weak for the physicality of the Prem and also if he can’t understand why he isn’t getting a game while Murray is still scoring regularly he is an idiot.

Disinterested you say? Isn't that the same brush that was used to tar a certain Mr Murray?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure where he's going but hopefully abroad - then I'll genuinely drive him there myself and, with any luck, they won't let me back in here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Probably most of it in this insane market.

Well that would surprise me Jamie. I’d love to believe it but he has done nothing to justify that fee. Maybe he is better than we think but no one from any other club has seen that have they ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not prepared to lay into the bloke because with interviews like this, you've got to take into account dodgy translations, selective reporting etc.

However, I do think that we are probably at the stage where we now won't see much more of him if anything at all and it's time to start working out a plan.

Firstly getting rid of him isn't going to be as easy as everyone is making out. I'm sure the club won't ask for £17m back, but we are surely going to want half that. In addition, he is probably up there is our wage earners, so we're talking 10s of thousands a week. What is the minimum he is going to accept now? Probably not under £10k per week. But who, realistically is paying transfer fees and wages like this? Possibly there are some clubs towards the top of Serie A or La Liga, but can you see him going there? Surely we won't sell to a relegation rival, so that leaves, Stoke, West Brom etc who still have a few quid of parachute money. Will his ego stretch to dropping a division?

So that leaves a foreign loan as the most probable outcome, but we're only putting the problem off. He's still on the books, we're probably paying half his salary and his contract is now running down without recouping the outlay. We won't be able to call on him in a injury crisis so for us that's not a great outcome.

We could end up with the worst case scenario of him staying and being disruptive, taking his money but never featuring.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
You have to say he's been disappointing. There is a player there somewhere as his performance at United in the F A Cup demonstrated. He’s never been given a run of games, understandably due to the form of Murray. When he has played, most of the time that’s been when we've been up against it and had little in the way of service. And now it looks like he's third choice striker behind Andone. No wonder he's unhappy. I guess some signings just don't work out. If he does move on, we'll have to take a big financial hit and sign another striker. As well as Murray's doing, and allowing for CH's one up front system, we still need three forwards to cover potential injuries, suspensions and/or loss of form.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I’ll pay for his Ryanair flight to anywhere in Europe. Genuine offer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That myth always pops up. He has had plenty of chances. He simply hasn't impressed Hughton

Disagree strongly. I can remember the Coventry game, he scored. The away game at United, he played well. The West Ham game he scored, goal was incorrectly disallowed. City away - any forward was fecked we had about 15% possesion and 10 men behind the ball. Huddersfield away (?) played as a midfielder in a shit performance from everyone. Palace away, I didn’t see that game so can’t comment.

Please let me know the other games that he had a genuine chance to shine, given that he hasn’t been given the chance to play himself into the team over a number of games which is absolutely essential for a forward in a team that plays such a negative set up

The myth imo is that he has been given a decent chance by CH.

NOBODY seems to impress CH other than Murray

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Disagree strongly. I can remember the Coventry game, he scored. The away game at United, he played well. The West Ham game he scored, goal was incorrectly disallowed. City away - any forward was fecked we had about 15% possesion and 10 men behind the ball. Huddersfield away (?) played as a midfielder in a shit performance from everyone. Palace away, I didn’t see that game so can’t comment.

Please let me know the other games that he had a genuine chance to shine, given that he hasn’t been given the chance to play himself into the team over a number of games which is absolutely essential for a forward in a team that plays such a negative set up

The myth imo is that he has been given a decent chance by CH.

NOBODY seems to impress CH other than Murray

Played Izqueirdo in for our 2nd goal. Nicely weighted pass down the inside-left channel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here