Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think we can all take defeat to Everton. Not sure if you are watching the game but professional footballers in the Premier League should be able to string 2 passes together. We have been absolutely awful in the second half. The difference today is we are up against a side that can finish. In the last 3 games sides haven’t taken their chances against us!

This. The fact that we've barely put 2 passes together and most of our (few) attacking moves have fizzled out with an overhit/misdirected pass has been really frustrating. It's staggering how many times premier league players can give the ball away cheaply sometimes!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Think it's safe to say that no one has had a good day today given the number of scapegoats being mentioned. Haven't seen anyone moan about Stephens yet so I'm going to nominate him as my scapegoat given his silly ball to Dunk just before the 3rd goal.

I think Bong has had a relatively good game. Apart from taking Duffy out.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Everton have spend countless £100m's of a billionaire's financial doping and have home advantage.

These away games are almost impossible to get a result, with our far lower budget midfield and strike force.

There's no reason to slate CH and the players for these performance and results.

The people who naively got their hopes up before the game, might be the most angry? I'd rather quietly hope against the odds, and any result would be an unexpected bonus.

These were my thoughts before the game. I had this pretty much nailed on as a 2-3 goal loss and that's what transpired. It's at least good to see us score an away goal but unfortunately our second half showing was pretty inept and it was a case of when not if Everton would get their goal.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have to laugh that the commentary team didn't even notice that we played the final three minutes with ten men.
They've still no idea, to this minute, that Alireza's pulled his hamstring.
That level of obliviousness is impressive.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I rarely watch live feeds when we play away. Remembered why now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m with you - a draw would have been amazing, and felt we’d probably lose. But I think it’s fair enough to say this half hasn’t been good enough from the Albion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're playing a team and bench full of far better players than us. Manure eventually overpowered Plucky today, due to far superior players.

It doesn't make Silva and Maureen incredible today, or Hughton/Howe crap, or the players.

That's football, money talks.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Everton have spend countless £100m's of a billionaire's financial doping and have home advantage.

These away games are almost impossible to get a result, with our far lower budget midfield and strike force.

There's no reason to slate CH and the players for these performance and results.

The people who naively got their hopes up before the game, might be the most angry? I'd rather quietly hope against the odds, and any result would be an unexpected bonus.

Completely agree in that we shouldn't expect to get much from this game however not being able to do the basics like pass to our own player from 10 yards is very disappointing. At least two or three of today's starting lineup have shown little to nothing all season yet they continue to be picked. Appreciate you may not want to change a winning team but players like March and Alireza have been weak links in most games they have played.

Alireza may have done his hamstring now by the looks of it. Don't want anyone injured but if it gives another player a chance it could be a blessing in disguise

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Typical away performance. No midfield and created very little.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We lost away to a better team, no shame, but would have been better if we hadn't gifted them a goal and made them work for it.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
That's slander right there.

How do we know the young colleague is not making it up or if your fiance's heard it, is she jealous because he didn't crack on to her?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well I'm talking about football, not hairdressing, and I suggest you take your post off the forum :thumbsup:

Why exactly? Am I not allowed an opinion that's based on fact?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We were lucky Everton did not take their chances. We were second best at everything and our ball retention is so poor, particularly when passing out of defence. As for Dunk's back pass - shocking. Oh well, onwards and upwards - a far more important fixture next week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here