Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Young Seagulls Mascot Draw

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Has anyone’s kids etc ever won one of the 2 lucky drawn mascots for young seagulls members? I was contemplating buying my 7 yr old a package for the Cardiff game (can’t do the only 2 that are still available now) and it blooming sold out! Just wondering what chances are of getting a lucky place in the draw...

On another note, for those who’s children / grandchildren have been a mascot is it worth it for the £250 one?

Lucky that my boys got the chance back in the day when it was free, one was mascot at Pompey away, and the other for Colchester away (1-4 to the one man team game) he was lucky enough to be a mascot again for a home game versus Walsall. I guess it's an income stream now but a shame that some will miss out on a chance through cost. :rolleyes:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friend of mine's son won the mascot draw. Only person I know of.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lucky that my boys got the chance back in the day when it was free, one was mascot at Pompey away, and the other for Colchester away (1-4 to the one man team game) he was lucky enough to be a mascot again for a home game versus Walsall. I guess it's an income stream now but a shame that some will miss out on a chance through cost. :rolleyes:

Didn’t think you were old enough to have kids Rev :moo:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On another note, for those who’s children / grandchildren have been a mascot is it worth it for the £250 one?

Folks I know that have paid have all been very happy with it. Know several people that have paid and kid loved it plus the parents were happy. If the kid already has a home kit they'll let you have an away kit instead. Is it worth it? That's up to you!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Junior was the mascot away at Rotherham a while back I think the last season at their old ground. Think we were League 1 and won 1-0 away the season we survived.

So I contacted Rotherham and paid them £30 and then asked the club for a kit to get a snooty response along the lines we decide, how dare you etc.

He loved the day though

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Folks I know that have paid have all been very happy with it. Know several people that have paid and kid loved it plus the parents were happy. If the kid already has a home kit they'll let you have an away kit instead. Is it worth it? That's up to you!
This,
Same response from another parent I know. If the kids love it then the cost is somewhat irrelevant, if you can afford it then it doesn’t matter.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Grandson won the draw and was mascot for the Middlesbrough home game that we lost 1-0 ( three seasons ago?) walked out with Sam Baldock. Enjoyed it so much my daughter paid for him to be mascot again at the Palace cup game last season walked out with Jose Izquierdo.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Are there packages available for the women's team? I can't get to the correct info on the website plus ca change.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My daughter wanted to be a mascot, but did not get picked for the draw, we paid for her to be a captains mascot for the Reading home game the season Oscar Garcia was manager, as one of her Christmas presents . She is 16 now and still says it was one of the best things she got to do, so that is pleasing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Junior was the mascot away at Rotherham a while back I think the last season at their old ground. Think we were League 1 and won 1-0 away the season we survived.

So I contacted Rotherham and paid them £30 and then asked the club for a kit to get a snooty response along the lines we decide, how dare you etc.

He loved the day though

You asked the club for a kit??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here