Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only if you think of reading as a way to fill in spare time.

I rarely get time to read....I try on the train then I fall asleep.....:rolleyes:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Homo Deus by Yuval N Harari. A very thought-provoking book that I'm hoping to finish before going on holiday next month, so I can sink my teeth into some new material.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
To Throw Away Unopened ... yes it's very good, she holds nothing back, had quite a shocking childhood, I really admire her honest, no BS attitude
She's doing a talk in the Btn Festival

Good tip - thanks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find other passengers conversations too interesting on the train :)

The blokes:

Just come back from Lanzerotty.

Lovely it was.

Lanzerotty?

Yeah.

A week.

More than that can be a bit....

Yeah.

Lanzerotty, Eh?

Yeah.

I'd been thinking about Lanzerotty myself.....

The ladies:

Well and then I said to her, I said, well if you really feel like that, and then, you know, well, I didn't know what to say. You know what I think? When I said to her earlier about the other week, well, oh I know what your thinking, so I said.....

Without my iPod I'd have blood on my hands, so help me I would. :lolol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The blokes:

Lovely it was.

Lanzerotty?

Yeah.

A week.

Yeah.

Lanzerotty, Eh?

Yeah.

The ladies:

Well and then I said to her, I said, well if you really feel like that, and then, you know, well, I didn't know what to say. You know what I think? When I said to her earlier about the other week, well, oh I know what your thinking, so I said.....

Ah, but my fellow travellers are a mix of uni students, college students and six formers ..... the chat is a lot more interesting believe me :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, but my fellow travellers are a mix of uni students, college students and six formers ..... the chat is a lot more interesting believe me :)

And I am Victor Meldrew :lolol:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Currently reading: The Man on Devil's Island by Ruth Harris. It's a history of the Dreyfus affair. 150 pages in and it is well written, but it is probably too detailed for my level of interest.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve just finished The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow.

Cracking book about the narco wars of the 70s-80s, including CIA involvement in political assassinations, corruption etc.

I’m going to start the sequel, The Cartel now.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
The blokes:

Lovely it was.

Lanzerotty?

Yeah.

A week.

Yeah.

Lanzerotty, Eh?

Yeah.

The ladies:

But blokes who get on (or off) at Haywards Heath, in very LOUD voices: "yah but on the 4th hole I hit this A-MAZING chip out of the bunker, dropped straight onto the green and I putted for an eagle"
Or, "Yah so the bonus just came in so it would be wrong not to go large and have the 4 litre turbo-diesel four wheel drive (natch) in opalescent white".

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
"Mystery Spinner" by Gideon Haigh.

Jack Iverson was for 4 years the best spin bowler in the world.

Brilliant story.

Shortlisted for the Willam Hill and voted Cricket Book of the Year.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Currently reading Harry Findlay - Gambling for Life. Only part way through but very interesting for those who like a punt. Also plenty of references to our Chairman who was a friend of Findlay's in the early days.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beatlebone by Kevin Barry, a novel about John Lennon retreating to an Irish island (that he bought in real life) in 1976. A very unconventional structure for a book, but some fantastic prose contained within. Barry nails Lennon's dialogue.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I’ve just finished The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow.

Cracking book about the narco wars of the 70s-80s, including CIA involvement in political assassinations, corruption etc.

I’m going to start the sequel, The Cartel now.

Make sure you read The Force after that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sniper One, by Sgt Dan Mills, about a British sniper unit deployed in Southern Iraq around 2004. Very good so far.

Even Andy McNab raves about it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brideshead Revisited - not sure how many times I've read this but superb

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sniper One, by Sgt Dan Mills, about a British sniper unit deployed in Southern Iraq around 2004. Very good so far.

Even Andy McNab raves about it.

Sounds good. I might have to check it out. Let's hope it contains less fabrication than Andy McNab's Bravo Two Zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here