Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Argus literally fool for Kemp Town Line April Fool .....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

6F6CCED3-7A6E-441F-BB40-5C555E5F50B0.png

Ha ha ha

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can’t write, you can’t present, you can’t run marathons and you can’t quote on NSC. Remind us all what it is you can do.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
HB&B literally doesn't know what literally means. What were the chances?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Surely this gave it away....Local celebrities Simon Fanshawe and Katie Price are rumoured to have been signed up as guards for the first journey. Although both are likely just to sell KitKats and hot drinks

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Where exactly was the Kemp town train station?

Looking at pictures, I can't work out where it would've been. The Gala bingo hall on Edward street does have a painted tunnel and train placed on the corner of the building and I know it's in reference to the train line, but looking at the pictures, there used to be a tunnel which has now been filled. Where was this? Also, where was Hartington rd train station which was on the same line?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Looking at pictures, I can't work out where it would've been. The Gala bingo hall on Edward street does have a painted tunnel and train placed on the corner of the building and I know it's in reference to the train line, but looking at the pictures, there used to be a tunnel which has now been filled. Where was this? Also, where was Hartington rd train station which was on the same line?

The station was roughly were the bingo hall is. The tunnel is still there, it's been sealed but I don't think it's been filled in

EDIT. I was right, it's not been filled in - there are occasional walks through it

http://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/page_id__8867.aspx

D

Deleted User X18H

The station was roughly were the bingo hall is. The tunnel is still there, it's been sealed but I don't think it's been filled in

EDIT. I was right, it's not been filled in - there are occasional walks through it

http://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/page_id__8867.aspx

You can walk through from the south portal at the Freshfield Industrial Estate to the north portal underneath the playground at Elm Grove school. A group of us are doing just that, later this year.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I write a piece about the search for Hartington Road Halt a while back which attracted interest in search engines which suggest others are just as keen to learn more about it...

https://brightonlines.wordpress.com/tag/hartington-road-halt/?iframe=true&preview=true/feed/

The Kemptown station was on the north side of the road that divides the industrial estate from Gala Bingo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here