Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will replace Dunk next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a brave suggestion, but I think the England U21 defender with 30 championship appearances is a slightly better option than a 33 year old playing for Wycombe, but hey football is a game of opinions.

I guess the only other alternative would be to buy a player who has never played for the Albion, although that's to stupid to contemplate, so forget I mentioned it.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
As soon as Dunk didn't get an England call-up last week, it became clear that he'll be on is way in the summer, regardless of what league we'll be playing in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I see what you mean but I don’t quite agree. If a top six team comes in for him he’ll go irrespective of any England considerations. And the fact that Southgate called up players from Burnley, Swansea etc suggests that outside the top six (maybe Everton) he stands as good a chance of a call-up with us as anyone.

I reckon he’ll go to somewhere like Arsenal. Pure guesswork though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His old old man is happy to tell anyone who will listen that he is off to Liverpool, as good as a done deal apparently.

Presumably he's told you how Lewis has persuaded his other half to move up North then. She wasn't keen last time.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Well if he does go then we are going to get a substantial amount of money for him that will enable us to buy at least a couple of quality players to strengthen our team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For the last l don't know howw many seasons we have had this self same discussion on here, Lewis Dunk is sure to leave. It hasn't happened yet, so why should it happen this time?

Lewis is a Sussex lad and loves it down here, I don't think he will go anywhere unless forced into it, i.e. a huge signing on fee and a massive wage increase.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I guess the only other alternative would be to buy a player who has never played for the Albion, although that's to stupid to contemplate, so forget I mentioned it.

Alas you forget that Gordon Greer has not yet retired! Hold the nerve, it COULD happen!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alas you forget that Gordon Greer has not yet retired! Hold the nerve, it COULD happen!

I think those in BG's No Imagination Crew, might be onto something.
All the unheard of signings last summer have been shite, so Greer and Upson at the back is probably the way to go.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I said maybe, but if a player our recruitment team thought was good enough, has won the U20 world cup, is versatile enough to play anywhere across the back four or five and is home grown, should be rejected just because he had half a season with us so be it.

It's been a disaster with Zamora and Murray coming back after all.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I said maybe, but if a player our recruitment team thought was good enough, has won the U20 world cup, is versatile enough to play anywhere across the back four or five and is home grown, should be rejected just because he had half a season with us so be it.

It's been a disaster with Zamora and Murray coming back after all.

Tomori was a great loan. Those couple of games where Dunk had to go off early with the shits, he fitted straight in and didn’t look at all dodgy. Not bad for a 19 year old and probably better than Dunk himself at a similar age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here