Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Hahahaha you've actually deluded yourself that you were right, somehow. CH probably read your ill-informed opinion and it changed his mindset. That'll be it.
Didn't you have a cry at my childish insult in your last message? Yeah, you did. Mate at least I have a cock, rather than just being one.

My comment about being right was tongue in cheek. I can see you are very happy with what you have uncovered so I'll leave you to your masturbating.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The best thing about our current position is the other players and potential signings looking at us and considering we are a decent option to sign for.

I was gutted that we lost out on Tammy Abraham to Swansea but am confident that we could do the same to other sides this summer

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The best thing about our current position is the other players and potential signings looking at us and considering we are a decent option to sign for.

I was gutted that we lost out on Tammy Abraham to Swansea but am confident that we could do the same to other sides this summer

Probably not as gutted as he now is [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great set of replies to this tweet praising our touchline show-off loony

https://twitter.com/caulkinthetimes/status/970319527115452422?s=21

This was my favourite

ef1c792a822ba633b063038dd10b55d1.jpg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
This. CH has clearly lost the confidence of the players and should be sacked, to make way for .... Arsene Wenger or Alan Pardew.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Many people were getting twitchy around the time of the Southampton game. I’m very pleased he’s turned it around. That largely came down to a change in tempo. Playing more attacking football worked from West Ham onwards. Most of the more negative posts on here about Hughton suggested the negative tactics were the problem

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now I said he MAY not be the one as we were so defensive and that pissed off a lot of people. Recently, he has been a lot more attack minded and we have reaped the benefits.

I see a lot of posts suggesting that Hughton has become more attack minded – as others have said, I don't really agree, the team are just playing better, more confident, Bong and Schelotto dominating at full back, the side brimming with belief. Not seeing a huge amount of tactical differences going on, we're keeping the ball better, able to get forward easier, putting sides on the back foot. Our wing / full back combination isn't really tactical, they're just far more effective at the moment. Long may it continue.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I see a lot of posts suggesting that Hughton has become more attack minded – as others have said, I don't really agree, the team are just playing better, more confident, Bong and Schelotto dominating at full back, the side brimming with belief. Not seeing a huge amount of tactical differences going on, we're keeping the ball better, able to get forward easier, putting sides on the back foot. Our wing / full back combination isn't really tactical, they're just far more effective at the moment. Long may it continue.
Don't say this sort of stuff....

Everyone who started banging on about how negative Chris Hughton is during our run of relatively poor form/results was RIGHT...!! What is more, all the Norwich fans, who come out with the same stuff about when they struggled in the PL, are also RIGHT.

It is only since Hughton saw the light around Christmas time, and changed his tactics along the lines suggested by the NSC sages, that our performances have improved.

The MOTM award should be shared by all those who voted Yes on the "Is Hughton too negative?" poll...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I said he MAY not be the one as we were so defensive and that pissed off a lot of people. Recently, he has been a lot more attack minded and we have reaped the benefits.

So I was right you CJTC keyboard warrior tit.
No, you weren't. I don't care about what you have and haven't been right about, but let's not distort what our manager has and hasn't done, let's get that right. You're trying to argue that the experienced manager has just completely changed from an overly defensive one (that gave us our best two seasons in the Championship with loads of goals, and similar for Newcastle) to a suitably attacking on overnight. That's clearly nonsense. What has happened is that his team have been able to attack without being constantly pegged back. I think a large part of this is down to Izquierdo's brilliance on the left, and Schelotto's speed and guile on the right, together with an improvement in form from Knocky and Murray.

It has also become clear from Chris's post match comments that he too is frustrated when we sit back trying to hold on, and that's not down to his instructions, but the teams inability to get out with the ball and stay out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't say this sort of stuff....

Everyone who started banging on about how negative Chris Hughton is during our run of relatively poor form/results was RIGHT...!! What is more, all the Norwich fans, who come out with the same stuff about when they struggled in the PL, are also RIGHT.

It is only since Hughton saw the light around Christmas time, and changed his tactics along the lines suggested by the NSC sages, that our performances have improved.

The MOTM award should be shared by all those who voted Yes on the "Is Hughton too negative?" poll...
Well you can't give it to all those who voted Yes, you should probably just give it to the person who started the poll. Apparently Naylor himself tweeted about the poll, then Chris read it and realised the error of his ways, changed our teams tactics, and the rest is history. It shouldn't really be MOTM should it, it should be POTS.

That's player of the season folks, so don't waste your time swapping it for prick of the season :D

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
There has certainly been a subtle change in the way we attack. Previously we've been all about getting the ball in from wide areas, however what we are now doing is playing one-twos and having third man runs through the middle. This is so much more difficult to defend against with the pace we've got- Izquierdo is now driving through the gap between centre and right back so there's confusion as to who picks him up and as a consequence we are now getting in behind defences for three or four cut backs a game. This is why Izquierdo is having more an effect than our other wingers because as a defending team it is much easier to funnel out attacks down the channels which coincidentally is something we are very good at, especially with the big men in the box to head it away.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, you weren't. I don't care about what you have and haven't been right about, but let's not distort what our manager has and hasn't done, let's get that right. You're trying to argue that the experienced manager has just completely changed from an overly defensive one (that gave us our best two seasons in the Championship with loads of goals, and similar for Newcastle) to a suitably attacking on overnight. That's clearly nonsense. What has happened is that his team have been able to attack without being constantly pegged back. I think a large part of this is down to Izquierdo's brilliance on the left, and Schelotto's speed and guile on the right, together with an improvement in form from Knocky and Murray.

It has also become clear from Chris's post match comments that he too is frustrated when we sit back trying to hold on, and that's not down to his instructions, but the teams inability to get out with the ball and stay out.

Couldn't agree more. I honestly believe, and have done not just this season but the past two as well, that Chris isn't the type of manager to dictate too much of the flow of the game to his players during a match. He sets them up tactically, they will have pattern of play awareness and all that, but there are no magic switches where he is saying everyone get behind the ball.

He allows the players to game manage when they are out there, I think he's probably been as frustrated as us at times, but my real belief as to why our team spirit has been so good for 3 seasons, and why we appear to have so many leaders in the side, is that they are empowered to do so, they have that responsibility on the field of play, they know they are in control of the game. It is amazing really that some people feel it has had nothing to do with the opposition, nothing to do with some of our players lacking confidence or form, it has been Chris asking us not to have the ball and to soak up pressure around our box. Now he's suddenly decided to attack, and that is all down to Chris too – I mean if I thought like that I'd think he was a bigger genius than I already do!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I honestly believe, and have done not just this season but the past two as well, that Chris isn't the type of manager to dictate too much of the flow of the game to his players during a match. He sets them up tactically, they will have pattern of play awareness and all that, but there are no magic switches where he is saying everyone get behind the ball.
I have no idea how much he leaves to them. I assume if he's frustrated when we end up pegged in our own third that he lets the team know, and works with them in training in how to get out of that situation, so I'd think that is to some extent telling them to try and not let it happen. Not that they'd need telling, they, like Chris and us, don't like being camped in our own half.

It is amazing really that some people feel it has had nothing to do with the opposition, nothing to do with some of our players lacking confidence or form, it has been Chris asking us not to have the ball and to soak up pressure around our box. Now he's suddenly decided to attack, and that is all down to Chris too
Agreed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Izquierdo, and his increasing interplay and understanding with Gross and Murray (mainly, but also with others - several examples in the last few games, Stoke goal being the best) has been absolutely key to our 'forward shift' I reckon. Also think Jose is also now doing what Knocky did last season - posing such a threat that other teams are having to try to keep one, if not two men on him. Knocky's goal against Swansea was a brilliant example of this (and Pascal's magnificence at picking a pass).....Jose runs wide, two or three players are only looking at him so Gross knocks the pass the other way to an unmarked Knocky - and all done at rapid pace.

All of this is, in turn, starting to give Knocky more space on the other side, Propper more licence to get forward a bit etc etc - and as others have said, supported by Schelotto being a real wingback and Bong being in the form of his life. We're simply much more potent since Jose settled into the team and found his feet, but it's a combination of related factors.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Brilliant summary of reality, great post. For those who intimated that CH held us back from additional points at Old Trafford, St.Mary's and Stoke, I'd argue that there was a greater likelihood of us getting beaten with ease if we'd taken a far more adventurous approach. Moreover, against established outfits with home advantage, our quasi-Championship level team were naturally pushed back as the games progressed.

Who can argue with CH's strategy for the season and tactical approach? It's given us a points tally way beyond our dreams and IMO say a 95% probability of staying up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant summary of reality, great post. For those who intimated that CH held us back from additional points at Old Trafford, St.Mary's and Stoke, I'd argue that there was a greater likelihood of us getting beaten with ease if we'd taken a far more adventurous approach. Moreover, against established outfits with home advantage, our quasi-Championship level team were naturally pushed back as the games progressed.

Who can argue with CH's strategy for the season and tactical approach? It's given us a points tally way beyond our dreams and IMO say a 95% probability of staying up.

9th favourites to go down now, B365 offering 16/1 - Everton (below us at the moment) are 40/1. If we beat them I suspect those odds might flip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here