Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Niggling me a bit that this lad supposedly turned down Swansea as didn't want to just play in u21s yet hasn't been in our squad at all. He seems very highly rated - hope he's not regretting the move. Anyone think the club were pretty sure Dunk was off? Although surely they'd have waited and sounded Shrewsbury out first if that was the case and only gone for Goldson if Dunk went...? Odd one...
He's young and should fight for a place...Him and dunk will be the top two in time and Greer will be gone after this season I'm sure.
Only takes an injury and he'll be on the bench:)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's young and should fight for a place...Him and dunk will be the top two in time and Greer will be gone after this season I'm sure.
Only takes an injury and he'll be on the bench:)

Yep that's how I see it. Well depends how long BFG keeps his form / pace etc. just don't want the lad regretting anything as he mad it clear he wanted to play games and hasn't had a chance to do anything in the first team yet.. Pretty sure this will be GG's last year just don't want it to be a year if frustration for this highly rated young lad...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top of the league, playing well, good team spirit.........Let's break up the team!

Sorry, did you get the wrong thread?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
,My thoughts exactly.

Where did anyone say anything of the sort? I simply said I hope he's not regretting the move. Squad and team are also completely different things... I don't think he should have started any game given how our other 3 CBs have performed this season..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sorry, did you get the wrong thread?

He does have a point though. I get bored of reading about why did we sign him or shall we drop him etc.

We are top of the league and have a healthy fit squad with plenty of competition for places. Maybe some players are now realizing they have to perform at 100% now because otherwise someone else will take their place.

Just because a new signing can't get into the squad right now doesn't mean we should start to question why we signed him.

As for Greer again i'm totally bored of the drivel written on here about him. At the moment he is playing very well and is part of the squad that has helped us to the top. He should remain in the squad and as club captain.

We have a very settled squad now and we are top for a reason. Pointless trying to dismantle that or quesion Hughton about signings/selections

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
. He does have a point though. I get bored of reading about why did we sign him or shall we drop him etc.

We are top of the league and have a healthy fit squad with plenty of competition for places. Maybe some players are now realizing they have to perform at 100% now because otherwise someone else will take their place.

Just because a new signing can't get into the squad right now doesn't mean we should start to question why we signed him.

As for Greer again i'm totally bored of the drivel written on here about him. At the moment he is playing very well and is part of the squad that has helped us to the top. He should remain in the
squad and as captain.

We have a very settled squad now and we are top for a reason. Pointless trying to dismantle tha's signings/selections

NSC at its finest - home of the binfest. Where did I say a) he should be playing b) we shouldn't have signed him?

Over to you to show me the quotes..

Just because someone raises a potential issue, doesn't always mean there is a solution...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
NSC at its finest - home of the binfest. Where did I say a) he should be playing b) we shouldn't have signed him?

Over to you to show me the quotes..

Just because someone raises a potential issue, doesn't always mean there is a solution...

You questioned why Goldson hasn't made the squad or did i just imagine that?

You really can't expect a young promising league 1 player just to walk straight into the squad?

He will be training with much better players now. Maybe Hughton is looking ahead here with Greer being 34. Who knows but we now have 4 center backs which Hughton wanted.,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You questioned why Goldson hasn't made the squad or did i just imagine that?

You really can't expect a young promising league 1 player just to walk straight into the squad?

He will be training with much better players now. Maybe Hughton is looking ahead here with Greer being 34. Who knows but we now have 4 center backs which Hughton wanted.,

I didn't say that at all. I was saying I hope he isn't regretting the move & questioned if there was a chance the club assumed Dunk was off when we signed him:

Niggling me a bit that this lad supposedly turned down Swansea as didn't want to just play in u21s yet hasn't been in our squad at all. He seems very highly rated - hope he's not regretting the move. Anyone think the club were pretty sure Dunk was off? Although surely they'd have waited and sounded Shrewsbury out first if that was the case and only gone for Goldson if Dunk went...? Odd one...

- I'm not suggesting he should be in the squad as our 3 CBs have been doing well. I certainly didn't suggest he should be starting as [MENTION=381]mona[/MENTION] poorly suggested.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not in the squad?
He wasn't in yesterday's squad. The first game for which he was qualified. In a week when training has been to some extent disrupted by other events.

Let's see what happens when he's had a chance to train with his new colleagues...... ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not in the squad?
He wasn't in yesterday's squad. The first game for which he was qualified. In a week when training has been to some extent disrupted by other events.

Let's see what happens when he's had a chance to train with his new colleagues...... ???

First game which he was qualified? Does last Saturday's game not count then?

I was merely pointing out his previous quotes re Swans move & him saying he just wants to play first team yet he's not been in squad yet for us & I hope he's not too disheartened. Other point is unless there's injury or suspension to one of the 3 CBs we have in squad m, I can't see him getting in for a while. We spent 6 figures - just using the forum for what it's about - discussion. Mountain - mole hill though.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

I was thinking something very similar the other day, Sheebo. I get what you're saying, although I don't think anyone else does.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As for Greer again i'm totally bored of the drivel written on here about him. At the moment he is playing very well and is part of the squad that has helped us to the top. He should remain in the squad and as club captain.

This, with big bloody bells on. Greer has only missed one game this season which just so happens to be our only defeat. He's been an amazing servant to this club, nearing 200 appearances, yet everyone seems desperate to replace him ASAP.

It's laughable how some of our fans berate Bury fans for underappreciating Walton, yet are probably the same fans who are so keen to dispense with GG.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
First game which he was qualified? Does last Saturday's game not count then?

I was merely pointing out his previous quotes re Swans move & him saying he just wants to play first team yet he's not been in squad yet for us & I hope he's not too disheartened. Other point is unless there's injury or suspension to one of the 3 CBs we have in squad m, I can't see him getting in for a while. We spent 6 figures - just using the forum for what it's about - discussion. Mountain - mole hill though.

Yep, it seems that's exactly what you're making!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Mentioned another thread just after Dunk extended that I couldn't see him potentially playing until the FA cup. That's not until the new year? Injuries and suspensions might give him a chance but could easily find himself out of the match day squads for a while. Hopefully he knew he would be 4th choice initially and is willing to stick it out until his chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here