Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Ashley Barnes - perennial figure of hate

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 59 25.9%

• Total voters

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think there should be an option for "the midfield" too. Thought Dunk was excellent, Calderon worked his arse offwhile making some mistakes, Upson was solid and Ward was very good. Up front Ulloa worked hard too. We just seemed too reluctant to attack the ball in the middle and our goalkeeper was appalling (my vote in the poll). Basically if Brezovan hadn't have been pony we may have got an undeserved draw, but if the midfield had turned up we might have actually looked a decent team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I thought Forster Caskey had a particularly poor game with his inability to keep the ball, poor decision making and his wayward distribution last night. Having said that they were all poor first half. Kaz made a big difference and it's a shame he doesn't do 90 minutes.

Which just goes to show how funny opinions are, as the consensus of I and most of the people standing around me at the KFC last night seemed to be that LuaLua was quite ineffective in the main, and gave the ball away too much.

Agreed re JFC though. Sad to see his confidence fall away like it evidently did.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Hull

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He didn't create it, but acquired it at a relatively young age after it was discarded by a less visionary third party, and having invested considerable time & money, turned it into the rampaging behemoth- sprinkled with occasional bewildering moments of naivety- that it is now.
Indeed. It should have been left to die a natural death. The beast we are now left with is Bozza's creation, and I hold him responsible for all that is bad in this beautiful world.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Which just goes to show how funny opinions are, as the consensus of I and most of the people standing around me at the KFC last night seemed to be that LuaLua was quite ineffective in the main, and gave the ball away too much.

Agreed re JFC though. Sad to see his confidence fall away like it evidently did.

Had the same opinion about Kaz wathching on TV too. He did get better, but early on he did give the ball away a lot and then started to fall over enough times to elicit free kicks eventually. Thought Solly March was much more effective as a threat from wide when he came on. To be fair to Kaz he did track back and defend though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no debate Brezovan did what most expected and waiting to happen he f....d up as usual. Cannot understand the praise for Lua Lua as watching on TV, bad fan, he appearred to do sweet FA. Dissapointing performance but lets hope for better at The New Den to get the seasons run in back on track, still lots of points to play for.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Oscar, no excuse for not playing your best keeper. Constant nonsense about resting players is just about bearable, but it is completely ridiculous to not play your best goalkeeper in a match that would have put us into the quarter finals of the greatest domestic cup competion in ther world for the first time in 28 years.

Just totally unacceptable.

I like Oscar, but he has ****ed up big time on this one. Much as Gus did at Stoke, and at home to Arsenal by not playing our best available keeper.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oscar, no excuse for not playing your best keeper. Constant nonsense about resting players is just about bearable, but it is completely ridiculous to not play your best goalkeeper in a match that would have put us into the quarter finals of the greatest domestic cup competion in ther world for the first time in 28 years.

Just totally unacceptable.

I like Oscar, but he has ****ed up big time on this one. Much as Gus did at Stoke, and at home to Arsenal by not playing our best available keeper.

The policy is fine. The problem is the standard of the number 2 and 3 keepers.

By all means protect your number 1 keeper from injury in the Cup if you only have poor reserves to cover injury.

A better number 2 keeper and either (1) the number 1 doesn't need to be protected, or (2) you have no worries about playing the backup in the Cup.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The policy is fine. The problem is the standard of the number 2 and 3 keepers.

By all means protect your number 1 keeper from injury in the Cup if you have poor reserves.

A better number 2 keeper and (1) the number 1 doesn't need to be protected, or (2) you have no worries about playing the backup in the Cup.

That's bollocks I'm afraid. We had a the best chance of reaching an FA Cup Semi or even Final for years and years. We may not have this chance for bloody ages now, and to therefore not play your best keeper is ridiculous.

And the risk of injury comment is just plain daft, given we played our one and only striker for the whole 90 minutes. And how often do goalkeepers get injured anyway? Hardly ever. Completely nonsensical.

It is just a case of keeping our second goalie vaguely happy, which is the sort of thing that should end when you reach the age of about 13.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's bollocks I'm afraid. We had a the best chance of reaching an FA Cup Semi or even Final for years and years. We may not have this chance for bloody ages now, and to therefore not play your best keeper is ridiculous.

And the risk of injury comment is just plain daft, given we played our one and only striker for the whole 90 minutes. And how often do goalkeepers get injured anyway? Hardly ever. Completely nonsensical.

It is just a case of keeping our second goalie vaguely happy, which is the sort of thing that should end when you reach the age of about 13.

I strongly disagree to be blunt.

Any injury to Kuszczak in that match and it was season over. Until we wave the white flag on our league campaign - and it is far too early to do that - then we really had to mitigate against the risk. Sure, we could gamble on getting a loan goalie in but what standard would be possible ??? 4th choice at a PL team ?

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Other - The entire team and Manager.

Wrong team and strategy selected, players gave no effort, only when it was too late.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
More to the point - who's to blame for getting us as far as the last 16 in the first place? After all, Oscar has continually fielded a "weakened" side for cup matches, so it can't be his fault.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Me, I went to the toilet without pausing it and by the time I came back Hull had scored. Sorry :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here