Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Positives from today

We lose 4-0 and yet the majority of our fans (me included) seem to want to stick with that same formation and line-up for the next match.

CH has probably been praised more for this performance than any other this season

How often does a club lose at home 4-0, during a bad run of games where they've only picked up 2 points in a possible 15, manage to win over the fans like this? Amazing really considering how many were slating the club only a matter of days ago, and now, after a 4-0 home loss, they've completely changed their tune. I guess they were in need of a good thrashing?

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
maybe it’s me but I don’t see any positives. If we play the way we did yesterday for the rest of the season we will go down. What did we actually achieve yesterday. We conceded 4 goals and despite numerous efforts we didn’t score. The facts are that we just can’t cut out the simple mistakes, before yesterday it was set pieces we couldn’t defend, now it’s simple defending, so we have added to our problems.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
maybe it’s me but I don’t see any positives. If we play the way we did yesterday for the rest of the season we will go down. What did we actually achieve yesterday. We conceded 4 goals and despite numerous efforts we didn’t score. The facts are that we just can’t cut out the simple mistakes, before yesterday it was set pieces we couldn’t defend, now it’s simple defending, so we have added to our problems.

I bet you are fun at parties?, we were beaten by a 500 million pound team, what do you expect. They were better than us, but we gave it a go. Players at our level will make mistakes. Our season will be defined by getting the points from the teams outside the top 6. If we go down then it’s because we were not good enough, not the end of the world to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The above post is true... some of their football was magic as befits world class players. Ours are either from the Championship or bought cheaply. Still , we held our own for much of it and were denied clear penalties ...
Onwards and upwards!

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
The crosses by Gros for the headers by Hemed (brilliant save by Cabellero) and Propper (hit the woodwork) were absolutely sublime.

If 3-5-2 means Gros is more likely to get into positions to make these assists, then should stick to this formation.

Goals will come.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Might have been posted already, but I don’t remember us getting caught offside very often. Which was nice.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Totally feel the same. I really hope that CH sticks with this formation and especially keeps Schelotto and Suttner in the wing back roles. Schelotto was clearly MOM today but I thought Suttner had another good game - his passing and crosses are far superior to Bong and it irks me when CH then leaves him out. Would have liked to have seen Baldock get a run out in that formation.

FA Cup aside next week, we’ve now got 4 cup finals coming up - please don’t revert back to the 4-4-2 Chris !
Suttner at fault for the forth goal, caught wrong side.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
My guess is CH only wanted to play this formation once new quick target man player on board

Once this player signed up CH treating yesterday as good practice for what we may now play more often formation wise

CH may well have wanted to play this formation far more often if we had Jurgen on board in August

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Positives from today

We lose 4-0 and yet the majority of our fans (me included) seem to want to stick with that same formation and line-up for the next match.

CH has probably been praised more for this performance than any other this season

How often does a club lose at home 4-0, during a bad run of games where they've only picked up 2 points in a possible 15, manage to win over the fans like this? Amazing really considering how many were slating the club only a matter of days ago, and now, after a 4-0 home loss, they've completely changed their tune. I guess they were in need of a good thrashing?

This 100%.

A herd wanting us to open up, with our slow team, to go down fighting.

Personally, I liked our Watford home performance from the very first minute. Winning is everything.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not that I'd want to do it often, but getting beaten 4-0 by one of the media's darlings did get us a decent long slot on MOTD! They actually showed how close we came to pulling something back from 2-0.
Critical of our defending at times - but it looked justified unfortunately.

(First goal, I noticed, was a classic case of us overcrowding the penalty area and defending too deep - if Stephens had left the defending to the defenders, that dedflection wouldn't have fallen to Chelsea.)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This 100%.

A herd wanting us to open up, with our slow team, to go down fighting.

Personally, I liked our Watford home performance from the very first minute. Winning is everything.
We'd have lost anyway playing our 'normal' system. We were actually rather unlucky not to go in level at half time, but never mind, call us a herd if you want to. Moo.....

el punal

Looked like a dangerous side for 70 mins
Hat load of chances, plus some appalling refereeing/penalty decisions.
"The Greyhound" has finally landed and is on the loose
March getting better and looking very usefull
Team pushed up and chased like they wanted the game today
Reminded me of running Man U ragged
Team will be fired up for our run of games against "lesser" teams
Chris shows he is not afraid to try something different instead of the bus routine.
Didn't concede from corners
Didn't give the ball away as much as we have been lately

:albion2:

You must have read my mind! Agree with all ten points. Despite the ridiculous score line I came away thinking that that was a huge improvement on previous performances and, with Locadia coming in, bodes well for the future.

mickhowarth

Mar 29, 2017
lewes
Unfortunatly he did play the bus routine, as we just stood off Chelsea in the first 10 minutes, however because we were 2-0 in double quick time, he had to play with attacking intent. What it did show, was how much better side we are, when we attack, with intent and try to score goals, rather than just defend, defend, defend.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Being in La Paz and enjoying the incredible network of cable cars they are establishing in a severely hilly city; it really is their version of the Underground with colours for the ‘lines’, and link up stations. Costs 30p a ride and is great for tourists to admire the city and surrounds, and heavily used by locals. We even saw a bride and Dad taking the orange line to church!

Oh, and the time difference meant just got final score, spared the minute by minute agony.

La Paz is a crazy crazy city. Amazing to look at from El Alto as well.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
GT49er is quite right, we should have had more from the game. Baaaaaaaaaaaah ooops moooooooooo

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Looked like a dangerous side for 70 mins
Hat load of chances, plus some appalling refereeing/penalty decisions.
"The Greyhound" has finally landed and is on the loose
March getting better and looking very usefull
Team pushed up and chased like they wanted the game today
Reminded me of running Man U ragged
Team will be fired up for our run of games against "lesser" teams
Chris shows he is not afraid to try something different instead of the bus routine.
Didn't concede from corners
Didn't give the ball away as much as we have been lately

:albion2:

Agree with all those, Plus:

New record signing paraded before kick-off

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I bet you are fun at parties?, we were beaten by a 500 million pound team, what do you expect. They were better than us, but we gave it a go. Players at our level will make mistakes. Our season will be defined by getting the points from the teams outside the top 6. If we go down then it’s because we were not good enough, not the end of the world to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get fed up with this top 6 team crap, these are the sides we should be up for and want to beat. What’s the point in being in this league if you don’t want to take the game to these teams. Norwich did a really good job, it took Chelsea 2 games and penalties to beat them. I personally would rather be in the championship playing competitive games every week. The team was set up to defend yesterday, they didn’t do a good job and it was a fluke playing the way they did in the end. Anyone that thinks Chris will play the same next week will be disappointed. I’m glad I can come away and be upset, I couldn’t take your attitude of expecting nothing. Why did you bother turning up yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here