Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guard of honour for Arsenal on the 25th?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd deffo be up for doing something to commemorate the glory of the Gunners (Arsenal). I don't think they've been out of the top division in living memory and have a divine right to be there in any case so they deserve reverence from us, a pathetic small and insignificant South Coast club.

Oh for the American draft system, allowing the Gunners (Arsenal) to experience life in the lower leagues while Rochdale scoop the Premier League title. #happy days

Any team who 'cheated'* their way to a place in the top flight is to be applauded as they helped to set the example that FIFA seemingly follow.

[ * Arsenal only finished in fifth place in the second division during the last pre-war competitive season of 1914–15, but was nevertheless elected to rejoin the First Division when competitive football resumed in 1919–20, at the expense of local rivals Tottenham Hotspur. Some books have reported that this election to division 1 was achieved by dubious means ]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I will boo them for 95 minutes then go to Dicks and get RE-PLASTERED :drink:
Very similar to last time but this time we need a miracle:angel:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The players will, and rightly so give them a guard of honour when they walk on. Why can't you accept that?
Such an honour for our boys to be sharing the same pitch as the Arsenal. It's what dreams are made of.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I will be outside the south stand applauding their fans in, and I think you should all join me.

IL join you , mabie we could all buy arsenal shirts and put respect to you on the back. That will really show show them how much respect we have for them. We could offer a cuppa on the way in

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I will be in awe of them but our players shouldnt they should be thinking they are the lucky ones I am as good as him, my opposite number.
If our players can't cope with making a small gesture of respect then we have got even less chance than I thought.

Next you'll be saying that our lads shouldn't be allowed to swap shirts with the Arsenal players.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I must dig out my velvet cloak to lay in any puddles Wenger and the boys may encounter when getting off the coach.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
we used to beat arsenal for fun back in the day kids

old 1st division april 82 (2-1) sept 82 (1-0)

that dougie can **** off too (BHA-arsenal) thread numb nuts

guard of honour for wenger???

he wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as ferguson & mourinho (3 titles in how many years?)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hey Dougie, I see you have become the Arsenal development team now. Sanogo needs first team football and Palace are able to give him that, which he wont get at Arsenal.

I haven't heard that rumour , are you a wum ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Worth a try. Could put them right off! It would be so funny to see. I reckon they would be dead embarrassed!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When it comes to guards of honour, I think we should follow the Nigel Adkins' Southampton FC example

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here