Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A world full of chargers!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having a clear out at home this afternoon, it became apparent to how many chargers we actually have accumulated over time.
Twelve at present, to which four, we don't even need now.
A bit of a left field question, how many chargers does one need, ridiculous amount around these days :glare:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've already supplied British Heart Foundation with that many this year in boxes of donations for their shop......so if you want a nokia 3310 charger, you know where to look

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Having a clear out at home this afternoon, it became apparent to how many chargers we actually have accumulated over time.
Twelve at present, to which four, we don't even need now.
A bit of a left field question, how many chargers does one need, ridiculous amount around these days :glare:

Having those sockets with usb connections has helped the number i need

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seriously, I swear there are at least 10 here. Only one of any use.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Holidays are always a charging issue. Especially if you vape. This didn't even include my phone or our tablet. Wife and child using electric toothbrushes didn't help mind. Ridiculous.
c8828892ff62c10717d29aabcc21822d.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Holidays are always a charging issue. Especially if you vape. This didn't even include my phone or our tablet. Wife and child using electric toothbrushes didn't help mind. Ridiculous.
c8828892ff62c10717d29aabcc21822d.jpg

A bit of a hoarding issure going on in that drawer on the right l fancy.

Seriously l know what you mean though, l must have half a dozen or so in my bedside drawer , most of which have long lost the items that they used to charge.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let's just be grateful that we now pretty much have a standardised charger in micro-USB.

Long gone are the times where every device has its own unique charger, which become obsolete once you get rid of that device.
Unless you're an Apple fan of course.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
kuwait_2_opt.jpg

I've never seen so many chargers!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
general-lee_5.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Try collecting old computers! I have two drawers of one of these full.

35-storage-bins-drawers-stackable-plastic-storage-drawers-black-with-regard-to-dimensions-1000-x.jpg

Micro USB chargers might be standardised in connectors and voltage but vary wildly in amps. But that is a doddle compared to the old transformers for old computers. Worst of which is the Commodore 64 power supply that has to provide both 5v DC and 9v AC. And Commodore helpfully filled them with resin making repairs nigh on impossible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here