Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Investec Test: England v Pakistan at Edgbaston, Aug 3-7, 2016

Jimmy Grimble

How likely is it to rain tomorrow [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]? Got tickets for the fourth day and am hoping for at least some play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, Day One

England 297 all out (86 overs, RR3.45)

Five wickets for Sohail Khan 23-3-96-5 :clap2:

Five catches for Pakistan keeper Safraz Ahmed :clap2:

Misbah-ul-Haq will be pretty happy with his insertion at the start of the day... but that score is slightly above par for an Edgbaston Test first innings in recent history.

Low scoring Test matches are often very exciting.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How likely is it to rain tomorrow [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]? Got tickets for the fourth day and am hoping for at least some play.

The shower risk for tomorrow seems to have receded. I'd still go for a light shower about midday.

Jimmy Grimble

Thoughts on if it'll make a 4th day or how much of a 4th day there will be?

I can see Pakistan getting about 250 tomorrow with us batting at the end of the day, finishing around 40-2.

Day three we get another 150 leaving Pakistan around 230 to win from the evening session on day three onwards. England nab a couple of wickets resulting in day 4 starting with England needing 8 wickets and Pakistan 200 runs.

Wishful thinking?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Eh? I said Ali out, not all out. And I said not a good total, as I was confident enough we wouldn't get many more.

Oops I thought you said 'All out' :lol: Sorry.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bloody Wednesday starts! Don't they know I only WFH on Thursday and Friday :rant: :rant:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That seems harsh. Given out caught, Ali reviews and the review backs him up. It would then be weird to give a batsman out for something the umpire didn't give when the batsman is the one who reviewed it.
That's very true but those are the rules and it's happened before. Think it's something they need to change with DRS, along with the fielding team losing a review when an LBW decision that they question goes against them on umpire's call (seeing as it was actually out).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's very true but those are the rules and it's happened before. Think it's something they need to change with DRS
The umpire said he gave it out caught, not out LBW - the fielding team should also be able to challenge on the basis of LBW, but if they don't, I feel it's harsh giving a batsman out on their own review. Not a big deal though.

along with the fielding team losing a review when an LBW decision that they question goes against them on umpire's call (seeing as it was actually out).
Agreed. I also think that when the ball is roughly half hitting the stumps, that should be out, rather than sticking with original decision. More like a quarter hitting, then fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here