• David Stockdale

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 87 51.8%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Granted he has not made any top class saves

That's why people are not yet convinced. TK, like Kuipers, had poor distribution, but this was easily forgotten whenever a shot that looked goal bound was saved. So far, with Stockdale, everything that has looked goal bound has ended as a goal. This is hard to swallow, especially when we have seen some great stops from opposition keepers. If Stockdale is to prove his worth, he has to do more than just save anything you would expect him to save. He has to show that he can get to some you wouldn't expect him to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolute rubbish! You really have no concept of goalkeeping if you use these stats for your judgement. If you had been there today you would have seen that DS was not fault for any of the goals. If your looking for someone to blame then look at Dunk (who was awful all first half)and Bennett. Granted he has not made any top class saves but I would only say he could have done better with one goal he has let in so far!

As I posted earlier I wasnt at the game and can only judge by what stats BBC an independant analysis of the game show.
I would add my brother asupporter for over 50 years watching his first game this season due to work and holidays thought he could and should have saved the 3rd goal.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
If your brother was standing or seating in the away end I doubt he had a good enough view. Very harsh to judge a guy's performance on the stats on a bbc website! Really don't think you have a clue on goalkeeping, what percentage of shot would be acceptable for a goalkeeper to save be? Surely this depends on the quality of the strikes, the distance of the strike, the defending! To just state stats and slate a guy is ridiculous. You have been around long enough to know this surely!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As I posted earlier I wasnt at the game and can only judge by what stats BBC an independant analysis of the game show.
I would add my brother asupporter for over 50 years watching his first game this season due to work and holidays thought he could and should have saved the 3rd goal.

It doesn't matter one bit whether he has been a supporter for 5 minutes or 5 millenia.

Care to talk us through how he could have saved the third goal?

Brentford 3-2 Brighton &HA, all goals: http://youtu.be/vBC3Vf3V9kw

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It doesn't matter one bit whether he has been a supporter for 5 minutes or 5 millenia.

He should have just caught the cross. Der.

He was saying he thought, or from the opposite end it looked like the 3rd was a routine catch he should have collected

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I was there and couldn't really see their 3rd, but you are right in no way was he ever going to save the this. I think BG's brother is as deluded as he is!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yeah, let's have a call for players that have long gone, remembering them only through blue & white tinted specs. Why should we move on?

TK was hot and cold. Brilliant in some games, and shocking in others. His form at the end of last season was (In my opinion) the reason he's no longer playing for us.
Stockdale is an ok goalie, but seems to be either lacking in confidence, or ability, and only time will tell.
Ankergren is lacking in confidence and ability. He isn't a bad shot stopper, but he makes poor decisions when coming off his line for set plays. Only play if no-one else is available.
From everything I've heard, Walton could well be our future. He is well thought of behind the scenes both at Brighton, and the England squad. But he lacks the experience needed, and that will only come with regular first team games. Sami can not afford to blood a young goalie in his first season, when he needs to prove he is good enough for the job. He needs a half decent experienced goalie between the posts, or he will look like he's taking too many risks. Not only that, but the players in front of him (which are not playing particularly well) need a strong presence behind them, and Walton will not command their respesct at present.
I think we have to stick with Stockdale till the end of the season, with Walton given the chance to play in cup games.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Too early to judge. Our opponents have either been piss poor in attacking or the goals have been unsavable. Could have perhaps done better with the second.

He did make a pretty good save in the first half though which people seem to forget, though that shot did come from a mistake he made.

Oh and another thing, if Kooshack was REALLY that good, why hasnt he signed for anyone yet ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As I stated I wasnt there and from the opposite end my brother thought it was a routine cross. As I see it on U Tube it was a cross from the left byeline into the 6 yd box and I am believer that the 6 yd Box is the goalkeeperes domain and he should command it. If it means knocking central defenders out of the way to get to the ball so be it, he is a big lad, but the keeper must go for crosses into that box. Until we stop giving away these soft goals, as all appeared to be wqe will struggle with results.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Difficult to compare as TK was playing in a system designed to restrict chances where under Sami we are more focused on creating chances.

We could have any keeper between the sticks and with our current defensive frailties they would struggle.

This is the biggest surprise for me with Sami at the helm as you would think given his playing career a solid organised defensive unit would be somewhen high on his list of priorities

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My biggest critiscim of Stockdale for his size he doesnt command the box and come for crosses and stays on his line too much. TK got away with this because he was a good on the line shot stopper and I have yet to see that with Stockdale.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
As I stated I wasnt there and from the opposite end my brother thought it was a routine cross. As I see it on U Tube it was a cross from the left byeline into the 6 yd box and I am believer that the 6 yd Box is the goalkeeperes domain and he should command it. If it means knocking central defenders out of the way to get to the ball so be it, he is a big lad, but the keeper must go for crosses into that box. Until we stop giving away these soft goals, as all appeared to be wqe will struggle with results.

There is no way he could come for this cross. Six yard box is definately his domain from corners and deep lying crosses but to think he would be able to get to this cross which is pulled back from the byline with pace shows that you live on cliches and have no real understanding nor experience of the position.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
My biggest critiscim of Stockdale for his size he doesnt command the box and come for crosses and stays on his line too much. TK got away with this because he was a good on the line shot stopper and I have yet to see that with Stockdale.

Remind me what goals have gone in because he didn't come for a cross? Yesterday in took 2 corners cleanly and a couple of crosses.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here