Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Going well for remainer plans then.

I wonder what she offered to head off the rebellion (I think we both know :wink:). Although watching the chief whip negotiating on the benches was a new one for me. Didn’t look like a panic measure at all.

But it's obviously not going as well as Brexiteer plans. Only 16 days to go until we present our full proposal for trade and borders at the EU summit. Looking on the bright side at least then, 2 years on, we MAY find out what it was we voted for :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I wonder what she offered to head off the rebellion (I think we both know :wink:)

But it's obviously not going as well as Brexiteer plans. Only 16 days to go until we present our full proposal for trade and borders at the EU summit, 2 years on. Look on the bright side, at least then we MAY find out what we voted for :thumbsup:
do you work for Hotpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Rebel’s fail to rebel

For now. She's a bloody difficult woman, very strong and stable and Brexit means Brexit don't forget. If she goes for a walk in North Wales with Phillip and changes her mind again but tells them nothing has changed, that 20 and rising may yet cause problems.

[tweet]1006572911560445952[/tweet]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going well for remainer plans then.

I’m not sure who it’s going well for in Britain. Personally I felt that a deal to force the government to rethink/row back offered security. But you’re now playing into our hands. We have to play very very hard in these negotiations and you now have one less “get-out” than you did earlier. We all know the no-deal-is-better-than-a-bad-deal is bollocks. And you can’t now leverage “UK parliament won’t accept it” either.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wonder what she offered to head off the rebellion (I think we both know :wink:). Although watching the chief whip negotiating on the benches was a new one for me. Didn’t look like a panic measure at all.

But it's obviously not going as well as Brexiteer plans. Only 16 days to go until we present our full proposal for trade and borders at the EU summit. Looking on the bright side at least then, 2 years on, we MAY find out what it was we voted for :thumbsup:

Straw clutch straw I see for you again

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Meanwhile Jacob Rees-Mogg has got his and the nations priorities spot on this evening.

[tweet]1006590036958175233[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How ironic that the Lords Amendment on a meaningful vote went 52%-48% in favour of the Brexiteers.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m not sure who it’s going well for in Britain. Personally I felt that a deal to force the government to rethink/row back offered security. But you’re now playing into our hands. We have to play very very hard in these negotiations and you now have one less “get-out” than you did earlier. We all know the no-deal-is-better-than-a-bad-deal is bollocks. And you can’t now leverage “UK parliament won’t accept it” either.
We all know why 'you' have to 'play hard'. It is a crying shame that the attitude you display typifies the attitude of the EU to any dissenting country. So much for the idea of democracy and self determination. It is a pity the EU feels so insecure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We all know why 'you' have to 'play hard'. It is a crying shame that the attitude you display typifies the attitude of the EU to any dissenting country. So much for the idea of democracy and self determination. It is a pity the EU feels so insecure.

In my opinion it is because Britain can’t be trusted. If there is to be a deal we need certain assurances that you won’t renage or row back on certain things.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Isn't it about time [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] updated the thread title again. It's been nearly 2 years out of date for a long while and appears that it's now nearly 3 years out. (If, indeed, we do ever leave).

I can understand that it could be a bit of a pain updating the title each and every time there is a further extension, but you did start it :)

3 amendments today to try and scupper the Governments fixed exit date of 29 March 2019. And all 3 defeated.
No need for [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] to change the thread title after all,you can stop panicking now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tory government trying to sideline Parliament. Talk about ignoring democracy.

Breaking News:Tory government tries to sideline Parliament and ignore democracy with democratic votes inside Parliament shocker .:facepalm:

Motion to disagree with lords Amendment 110
Lords amendment 110 would prevent the government from using statutory instruments to change EU law once it is UK law.

Ayes 324 Noes 302
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with lords Amendment 128
Lords amendment 128 relates to a sifting of secondary legislation

Ayes 325 Noes 304
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 37
Lords amendment 37 gives Parliament the power to approve the exit date for the UK leaving the EU.
It removes the Governments fixed date of leaving the EU on 29 March 2019

Ayes 326 Noes 301
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 39
Lords amendment 39 would mean that references to "exit day" should instead refer to an as-yet unappointed day that a minister can decide.
The Governments fixed date is 29 March 2019

Ayes 324 Noes 302
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 125
Lords Amendment 125 would require both Houses to approve the “exit day” set using ministers powers for the UK to leave the EU
The Governments fixed date is 29 March 2019

Ayes 328 Noes 297
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 19
Lords amendment 19 on a `meaningful vote` gives Mp`s the power to stop the UK from leaving the EU without a deal.
The amendment requires parliamentary approval of the withdrawal agreement and transition agreement, and gives MPs the power to direct the government if the deal is rejected or no deal is reached

Ayes 324 Noes 298
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 52
Lords amendment 52 on retained EU laws removes ministers' ability to use secondary legislation to establish when individuals can challenge the validity of retained EU laws and guarantees the right of challenge to a domestic law if it fails to comply with the general principles of EU law as set out by the ECJ.

Ayes 326 Noes 301
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 10
Lords amendment 10 limits the scope of ministers in that ministers can only use delegated powers to amend retained EU law where “necessary” rather than where they deem it “relevant”

Ayes 320 Noes 305
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 43.
Lords amendment 43 would restrict ministerial powers to only making provisions, as a consequence of the bill, under secondary legislation, by stating these powers can only be used “when necessary” rather than “when appropriate”

Ayes 322 Noes 306
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 45
Lords amendment 45 would restrict ministers to only making transitional provisions that arise from the coming into force of any provision of the bill, under secondary legislation, by stating these powers can only be used “when necessary” rather than “when appropriate”

Ayes 317 Noes 306
Amendment defeated

Motion to disagree with Lords Amendment 20
Lords amendment 20 means secondary legislation can’t be used to implement a withdrawal agreement until Parliament has approved phase two negotiations about the UK's future relationship with the EU

Ayes 321 Noes 305
Amendment defeated

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well his constituents, of course, voted remain but who gives a **** about them, there’s money to be made!

Over 53% of his constituents voted for the Eurosceptic Moggster in the 2017 GE. Increased share of the vote, fighting on a manifesto promising to respect and enact the will of the majority in the referendum!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here