Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] El Capitan

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nothing.

In terms of leaders, at this level you have a number not just one.

Of course it helps Bruno being on the pitch, as it’s another strong voice, but Dunk is quietly effective, leads by example and his game has improved (imo) with the extra responsibility.

Hard to imagine it is only 2 seasons ago that petulance and lack of control was costing him game time and us points. In terms of progression under our current coaching and management, he has developed incredibly well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
another strange comment for me anyway... I wish I could let it slide. But what has Dunk done wrong since being captain ?

He has vastly improved his own control etc but it is not a question of what he has done wrong but what he hasnt done. IMHO I do not think that he exerts the influence on the players around him that Bruno does as he has to concentrate more on his own game. Perhaps he is too young at the moment to be captain.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He has vastly improved his own control etc but it is not a question of what he has done wrong but what he hasnt done. IMHO I do not think that he exerts the influence on the players around him that Bruno does as he has to concentrate more on his own game. Perhaps he is too young at the moment to be captain.

He's 26 so hardly a youngster in footballing years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There are only 2 sides out of the bottom 13 that have conceded less goals than us, only 9 in the whole league, but Dunk hasn't exerted enough influence on those around him. Okay then. :mad:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

That is your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more with it re Dunk.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hard to imagine it is only 2 seasons ago that petulance and lack of control was costing him game time and us points. In terms of progression under our current coaching and management, he has developed incredibly well.

Absolutely - great point re the coaching and management. I did hold my breath yesterday when he slid in around the halfway line, but he won the ball.

Still think he’s one of the best left sided CBs in the country. Very unlucky to be overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
another strange comment for me anyway... I wish I could let it slide. But what has Dunk done wrong since being captain ?

He hasn't done anything wrong, and IS captain material. He's proved it time and again this season.

Nothing.

In terms of leaders, at this level you have a number not just one.

Of course it helps Bruno being on the pitch, as it’s another strong voice, but Dunk is quietly effective, leads by example and his game has improved (imo) with the extra responsibility.

And Dunk IS a leader. Arsenal at home was probably his pinnacle this season, I'd suggest - including scoring a goal - and was immense in keeping their forwards quiet.

He has progressed amazingly well to the point that you wonder why he was so petulant in the first place. He got a yellow last night, after Kayal dropped him in the shit, but aside from that, he was excellent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I agree. But in a team of collective failures, for him to stand out as probably the worst (alright, let's be kind - least effective) took some doing.

I was not impressed with how he lost Zaha for the third, he let him ghost by. As with everyone else he improved second half. I've generally been impressed with Schelotto this season but the decision to bring Bruno back for yesterdays game was a sound one.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yes....and give suttner a go for bong and goodson a go for duffy....also maybe give baldock a go with locadia in a 442.....nice and mobile , unlike ulloa atm who looks like he's emptied uncle sam's skip for the last 3 weeks .....glad we got a point last night .....UTFA.....XXXXX

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yes....and give suttner a go for bong and goodson a go for duffy....also maybe give baldock a go with locadia in a 442.....nice and mobile , unlike ulloa atm who looks like he's emptied uncle sam's skip for the last 3 weeks .....glad we got a point last night .....UTFA.....XXXXX

Strange as generally I do not think Bong has been bad and is better defending that Suttner. Why change the system to accommodation Baldock who has shown nothing in the granted few times he has played or even for the U23s. I thought that Ulloa was a revelation when he came on against Spurs and he won everything in the air that Murray had failed to do granted it was against who I consider to be the 2 best CB in the world with Alderweireld being the better. Murray did a good job for us but the substitution was right and worked perfectly.

The reason trhat Schelotto was so exposed at Palace was being Duffy and Dunk were like apair of spare pr..ks at a wedding. Wandering around doing nothing and protecting nobody and having nobody to mark so were lost.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno my MOM by a mile. Granite in the defence.

Nobody gets past Bruno, but Son had a very good try.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Strange as generally I do not think Bong has been bad and is better defending that Suttner. Why change the system to accommodation Baldock who has shown nothing in the granted few times he has played or even for the U23s. I thought that Ulloa was a revelation when he came on against Spurs and he won everything in the air that Murray had failed to do granted it was against who I consider to be the 2 best CB in the world with Alderweireld being the better. Murray did a good job for us but the substitution was right and worked perfectly.

The reason trhat Schelotto was so exposed at Palace was being Duffy and Dunk were like apair of spare pr..ks at a wedding. Wandering around doing nothing and protecting nobody and having nobody to mark so were lost.

i would have to say bong has been far from solid the last 4 games , now e appear to be safe i think we need to give the fringe players a run , locadia and baldock up front would be a very mobile pairing imho ......kayal , stephens , march , nocky , bruno , dunk , goldson , suttner..matty.....give it a go v burnley ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has it been mentioned that it was a great move to sign him up for another year?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Matty
goldson , duffy , dunk ....central def
bruno ,schellotto.......wing backs
stephens , kayal , gross , nocky.
ulloa

there's another one

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions