Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Farron thinks gay sex is a sin after all

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Is he referring to society in general or just telling Christian hierarchy that the crimes against under age boys are unacceptable?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
He shouldn’t be passing judgement until he’s tried it in my opinion.

Get him in the middle of a man train cruising around Duke’s Mound at 3am on a Saturday night with a bear and a few otters and I reckon he’d have the time of his life; he’d soon change his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had to Google Otter, every day is a school day, thanks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He just says what the person in front of him at the time wants to hear. No-mark ****.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ over half the world's population are against homosexuality and that's just the religious ones.
Probably two thirds nearly...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This sums up Christianity for me. When I'm in power and I want to further my career I'll lie and avoid the truth and when I've left I'll show a complete lack of tolerance, understanding and spout my bigoted views, sweet!

Humanism all the way for me.

don't judge everybody else by Farron's standards........
....... Be sure your sins will find you out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Politics and Religion always a bad mix

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Entitled to his beliefs. Not entitled to lie about them to get elected.

Exactly. Stupid thing to do. Apart from anything else, he wasn't exactly convincing.

I wonder how it would have gone if he had said he was against gay Sex, but would not do anything to legislate against it. I for one would at least have given him some grudging respect for his honesty.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's a difficult balancing act for politicians with strong beliefs such as Tim Farron and Jacob Rees-Mogg. I suppose the easiest thing for the rest of us to do is use it as an excuse to jeer at them

I wouldn't jeer at them.

I'd protest against them making decisions based on their favourite bit from 'Lord Of The Rings' or the one about the talking lion.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He should have been open and forthright from the beginning and just said these are his religious views, he had no intention of changing them but also had no intention of using his privileged position to force his views onto others either. He may rightly have come into criticism for the actual viewpoint, but people tend to respect others who are committed to their beliefs and don’t flim flam for political gain.
Also begs the question, whilst we have every right to criticise religious belief how tolerant are we actually to freedom of religion nowadays. The fine line between criticism and a witch hunt seems to have disappeared.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Are there any politicians who say what they really think when in power(apart from Trump)?

I don't think there are.I think they are all too PC and scared to say what they really think because
these days if you say the wrong thing you will be politically executed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here