Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How yer feeling?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Getting way ahead of myself, it's worth remembering that Uncle Tony is in this for the long haul. The journey hasn't ended with our arrival in the PL and even if we should fail this season and be relegated, he will be laying stronger foundations for the future. The academy has only been open a couple of years and should start to show its value in coming seasons. Acquisitions have been made with development squad in mind. One football lesson from Citeh doesn't change the fundamentals. This club is being well run by a talented team with our best interests at heart.

Feeling pretty good, thanks.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I'm o k about it now, it was only the result we expected. The thing was, having held out for 70 mins I started to think we could get a result here...not so.

In reality, the competitive season starts next week with a run of fixtures with teams that we have a chance of beating. As the old song says
, " Don't stop thinking about tomorrow - yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone"

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Strictly speaking I was born in Shoreham. Should I be supporting them?

OT: According to the logic of some on here - yes you should. It's funny how the 'Support your local team' thing only ever works one-way, i.e. living in Sussex but supporting say Chelsea is 'bad', but living in Lewes but supporting Brighton is 'good'. Even if you limit it to League clubs does that mean everybody born in north Sussex should support Crawley?

PS - I was born in Purley and didn't move to Sussex until I was 8. If anyone thinks I'm supporting whatever my local team is from there they can think again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I was at the Southampton v Swansea game with work yesterday and feel a lot more confident after watching our performance on the back of that.

Swansea were even more negative than we were against City, they showed no ambition whatsoever. Tammy Abraham was totally stranded up front (they ended up bringing him off for Bartley with 20 mins left and reverted to a 6-4-0) wide players were scared to carry the ball forward and they rode their luck for the vast majority of the game. Saints had something like 30 shots and would've scored 4 or 5 on another day. We haven't played as badly as they did yesterday in a long, long time.

The Saints and Swansea fans I spoke to after the game were saying they'd seen enough about us in the City game to suggest we have the qualities required to stay up and this is before the new players have settled, before Knockaert is back to full fitness, before Izquierdo and mystery striker are playing... I agree with this assessment and am far more confident now than I was this time yesterday, in short.

It was gutting to lose it through sloppy mistakes but there were plenty of positives to take from our performance. We will be fine.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Feeling fine. Loving life. The sun is out. We are in the Premier League. We've just played our last friendly against Manchester City, who must be title favourites. The League starts next week against Leicester. Bring it on.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
March was excellent first half but faded 2nd half.

Bruno was my MOTM. Brilliant performance.

Hemed should have been sold to Reading. Simply not good enough and slow.

Disappointed we didn't open up after going one down. Deserved to get beat

Could still be playing and we wouldn't score.

Ryan needs to release ball a bit quicker

Hard to judge overall because we are playing one of the best teams.

I would like to to see red cards produced for deliberately using your hand to score.

I'm praying Hughton isn't to negative in the Prem as this what grated the Norwich fans. We were at home and could have been a bit more adventurous.

Nice to actually see a 30k crowd and no gaps.

Agreed, especially re: Hughton but I'm hoping he knows better this time around because we know his teams can put on an attacking show. I am just a bit scared we're resigned to losing games like yesterday which I cannot accept.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sod off back to Manchester.

Heh heh

I did recently and had a great night out, touring the rock bars of one of the greatest cities on the planet.

I have supported the Albion for 33 years, having lived most of my life in Northumberland... eeeeeeep... I can almost hear you smashing your keyboard in impotent rage at that one! My proudest moment came at age 9 when I was mascot for us at St James Park, Newcastle, I ran out alongside Curbs and was utterly in heaven. Curbs was an absolute gent and made the day even more memorable.

In short I have followed the club through mostly thin, and I was there at Scarborough, Doncaster, York City, Hartlepool, Darlington year after agonising year... I wonder... where were you?

Don't ever suggest I have no right to support this club. This IS my team, my passion and where my heart lies.

Last edited:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A lot better image.jpg

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Feeling OK.
After our baptism of fire we are now sitting 17th, above arguably 'better equipped' teams, having played arguably the best team in the Premier League. I took lots of positives from the game and hopefully we will have more for teams like Man C to worry about when our mid-field is working properly and we have one or two pacy forwards to keep teams wary of us. With what we had, we did well. Minus the nerves, we could have nicked a draw imo. Before I'm shot down, just remember the other 'Big Six' would not be soul searching over a 2 nil defeat to Man C.
We're above Palace, out of the relegation zone and only just getting our team together. Don't panic.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Feeling OK.
After our baptism of fire we are now sitting 17th, above arguably 'better equipped' teams, having played arguably the best team in the Premier League. I took lots of positives from the game and hopefully we will have more for teams like Man C to worry about when our mid-field is working properly and we have one or two pacy forwards to keep teams wary of us. With what we had, we did well. Minus the nerves, we could have nicked a draw imo. Before I'm shot down, just remember the other 'Big Six' would not be soul searching over a 2 nil defeat to Man C.
We're above Palace, out of the relegation zone and only just getting our team together. Don't panic.

Nice work.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Heh heh

I did recently and had a great night out, touring the rock bars of one of the greatest cities on the planet.

I have supported the Albion for 33 years, having lived most of my life in Northumberland... eeeeeeep... I can almost hear you smashing your keyboard in anger at that one! My proudest moment came at age 9 when I was mascot for us at St James Park, Newcastle, I ran out alongside Curbs and was utterly in heaven. Curbs was an absolute gent and made the day even more memorable.

In short I have followed the club through mostly thin, and I was there at Scarborough, Doncaster, York City, Hartlepool, Darlington year after agonising year... I wonder... where were you?

Don't ever suggest I have no right to support this club. This IS my team, my passion and where my heart lies.

You don't need to query my credentials. I used to be the boy that was responsible for the corner flag in the south west corner in the sixties. At the end of the game I was responsible for the flag and took it back to the tunnel. First game 1959 and been all over and born in Brighton and grew up living near Portslade Station. Helped clear snow off the pitch in order to get the game on.
[MENTION=494]Kosh[/MENTION] you never gave a reason why you support Brighton but I can tell you I'm local and I've never wanted to support another club like a lot of my "mates" who thought it was cool to support Chelsea and Man Utd. I've always laughed at them and now we're back playing them and I think they're now confused as to where there loyalties lay. I don't have that problem.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Heh heh

I have supported the Albion for 33 years, having lived most of my life in Northumberland... eeeeeeep... I can almost hear you smashing your keyboard in impotent rage at that one! My proudest moment came at age 9 when I was mascot for us at St James Park, Newcastle, I ran out alongside Curbs and was utterly in heaven. Curbs was an absolute gent and made the day even more memorable.

Fair play to you. You don't even have to give an explanation why.You support Brighton end off. Ignore [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION].
He is making himself look an idiot here and on Football forums.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Fair play to you. You don't even have to give an explanation why.You support Brighton end off. Ignore [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION].

Why don't you crawl back to your cave after getting involved in something that's not your business. In real life I imagine you to be someone who runs away at the first sign of trouble.

You'd never be in a trench with me.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

The only idiot here is you who cannot spell a two letter word properly.

Probably best you go back to school but imagine you've been excluded,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here