Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hand painted Boba Fett helmet

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's clearly visible in pictures 2 3 and 4 but not in the re-painted first picture unless I'm losing my marbles.

All photos are showing the front.

I didn't get it either. Clearly I thought the shots of it repainted looked really cack so must have been the 'after' shots. I'm not very up on Star Wars.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A while back I had the chance to meet Jeremy Bulloch, I'm a huge Star Wars fan (I know, I'm a grown man so I'm prepared for the abuse.) and I collect autographs, I have a number of signed photos and also a Darth Vader helmet signed by Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones so I wanted a Boba Fett helmet signed by Jeremy Bulloch. I didn't have much cash so had to settle for a cheap looking Rubies helmet. They look cack and have bizarre brush marks on them like a small child has tried to paint it. After I had it signed, I was a little disappointed with the way it looked so decided to paint it myself.
Below are the before and after shots of the helmet. Now I'm no artist so it's not a stunning work of art, and it also isn't 100% accurate to the dents/scratches from the films, but I'm really happy that I didn't ruin the helmet and happy with how it turned out, especially as I've been painting with a broken hand.

Are there any of you that do similar things? If so, stick a photo on here.

Well done, looks great!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Apart from Peter Mayhew and Alec Guinness, I have autographed photos from all the main original cast and the cast of episode VII.
Mine are only worth a couple of thousand, my neighbour is a major collector of all things sci-fi, from the 50's onwards, his collection is upwards of £150k.

What's your address???

Great job on the helmet, looks awesome. When you can afford to you should get both this and the Darth one installed in Perspex cases and mounted.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That's not bad! I bet down the line that could go for a good price as a collectors item.

I've seen them go for £600+ without the autograph, £1500+ with.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
What's your address???

Great job on the helmet, looks awesome. When you can afford to you should get both this and the Darth one installed in Perspex cases and mounted.

The Vader one is already in a perspex case although I'm planning on getting a display cabinet.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No plans to sell it on just yet.
I was offered a few hundred for the signed Vader helmet but turned it down.

If you wanted your Vader helmet signed by the guy who played him in Rogue One (Spencer Wilding) let me know as my son is friends with his daughter! I'm not sure if that would devalue it though!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
If you wanted your Vader helmet signed by the guy who played him in Rogue One (Spencer Wilding) let me know as my son is friends with his daughter! I'm not sure if that would devalue it though!!

That would be awesome, definitely interested.
Not sure about the valuation, I'd have thought it would increase it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
OK, I'll ask her if he's happy to do it and send you a pm.

Thank you.
There's a drink in it for you if it all works out.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Nice offer..! :thumbsup:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I was born on star wars day. But never heard of "Boba fett" until i open this thread. :blush:
Thought it was going to be a rhyming slang.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here