Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Preston

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would have thought Norman Bakers lozenge thingy would have been all over this thread

I think he or his relatives were sat behind me today. Did nothing but ****ing moan the whole game. If it was down to them the whole team would have been subbed off after 20 mins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The exact words were 'He was sent home from training on Thursday, because of illness'. The statement in the summer, was that he had no injury but wasn't going to play. Spot the difference.

That's not right at all. He was first suffering from recurring 'knocks' even as far back as pre-season. By the time we reached Reading it was stated that instead of travelling, he was at lancing for some 'extra fitness training'. The facade was even extended to the Toon game if memory serves. We found out about it literally the day before the window closed.

Not saying this is going to follow the same script but I can understand people's concern. We will find out before/on Friday anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not right at all. He was first suffering from recurring 'knocks' even as far back as pre-season. By the time we reached Reading it was stated that instead of travelling, he was at lancing for some 'extra fitness training'. The facade was even extended to the Toon game if memory serves. We found out about it literally the day before the window closed.

Not saying this is going to follow the same script but I can understand people's concern. We will find out before/on Friday anyway.

A knock is not the same as being sent home from training with illness. There were also bids coming in for him then. There hasn't been a bid for him so far in January. Don't fall for wind ups.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A knock is not the same as being sent home from training with illness. There were also bids coming in for him then. There hasn't been a bid for him so far in January. Don't fall for wind ups.
It's not a wind up though is it! Seems very coincidental Stephens comes down with a mystery illness in the transfer window. We would not know of bids but I'm sure Stephens and his dirty agent do.

I lost trust in Stephens over august.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not a wind up though is it! Seems very coincidental Stephens comes down with a mystery illness in the transfer window. We would not know of bids but I'm sure Stephens and his dirty agent do.

I lost trust in Stephens over august.

Carry on fishing. I'm not biting.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
93e3c1ebef372f6edceb92e3038e6f05.jpg

At least we won't have to come here again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am always dismayed at posts like this one. So disrespectful. I'm sure that PNE very much hope they will play us again, and that we'll both have been promoted.

The whole "we'll never play you again" mentality shows a very poor grasp of the reality of the game.

Unless of course you were just suggesting that you immediate family had no intention of visiting Preston again.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, well done Preston.

Now we don't dwell on it, and we shift our focus to Massive.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am always dismayed at posts like this one. So disrespectful. I'm sure that PNE very much hope they will play us again, and that we'll both have been promoted.

The whole "we'll never play you again" mentality shows a very poor grasp of the reality of the game.

Unless of course you were just suggesting that you immediate family had no intention of visiting Preston again.

I remember stopping off at a service station on the M6 on the way back from Port Vale having gained promotion.
There was a group of Bournemouth fans in there and Brighton fans were right in their faces giving it the "we'll never play you again" bollox.
That didn't work out well did it and it was totally embarrassing especially as I think they were relegated.
Or maybe they were right after all, but I hope not.

Missionary

Jan 14, 2017
Yes, well done Preston.

Now we don't dwell on it, and we shift our focus to Massive.

Preston fan in peace. No need to lose your nerve, you played some decent stuff today but our game is to suck teams in and hit them on the break. We're never going to compete with the quality of players the big clubs have.

You had a few players out as we did. Our usual central midfield pairing we're suspended and ill. We defend for our lives as we did v arsenal and you couldn't break us down. Having said that if Murray had scored with a header at the end of the first half it might have been a different game.

It was interesting that as the game slipped away your players showed an urgency and passion I'd have wanted my players to show.

Comments about diving and feigning injury could be levelled at both sides esp knockaery who took every opportunity to hit the deck.

I just hope this is a blip for you guys and that you keep Leeds at bay. I think it's two from Newcastle you and Leeds.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you go up especially after the heartache of last year.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

You can't reason with some people mate.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Yeah. F***ing well done Preston. Scrapping like a good team should. Played to their strengths, and our weaknesses, on the day, good on 'em. We know what it is like to get a result against the favourites when hoping for a look-in on the play-offs. So yeah, well f***ing done Preston. Thank f**k we are not where they are.
Next please. #KeepTheFaith.
:albion2:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sure about that

Could be on the way in the January window, can't see any other reason not to play him.
If that is the case then the sooner the better so that our style of play can be adapted, nothing worse than a one man team.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Quite stunned that some thought we were the better side. We were not. We were never in the game. We had a lot of possession but used it poorly, the crossing was woeful. Preston on the other hand used their possession well, some neat quick attacking breaks that kept us on the back foot more often than we would have liked.

It was a bad day at the office and after Brum and Fulham we were maybe due this result. The key is how we respond and improve on these sluggish away performances. I do think the number of changes was a mitigating factor, but I can certainly give Preston the credit they were due after a good win for them.

Enjoy the victories, take the defeats on the chin and learn from them. On to the next one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here