Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ticket Prices

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
The way I read the OP's post is that in the Premier League 95% of available seats are taken up over a season compared to 90% in Germany.

Figures are stadium utilisation taken from Deloitte's Annual Review of Football Finance. Spain 76%, Italy 52% and France 70%

Although Germany does have the highest average match attendance (42k) compared to England (36k)

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Figures are stadium utilisation taken from Deloitte's Annual Review of Football Finance. Spain 76%, Italy 52% and France 70%

Although Germany does have the highest average match attendance (42k) compared to England (36k)

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/annual-review-of-football-finance.html

I will say that your survey seems to be focused on "is money in football a bad thing". Its not the money thats the problem that has come with the success of the EPL its how it is being spent that is the problem. My uncle decided not to take up a professional career in football because it wasnt a stable career so there is another side, we have moved so quickly in just three generations or so.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh what a good question: "I would approve my club charging lower ticket prices than its rivals, at the expense of on-field success"

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
Done..pls share the results..

Will do. The aim of the study isn't so much to find out how much people agree with each question, but more to see if regression analysis can be used on one section to predict answers for the other.

ie based on your answers for the commodification section, I can predict fairly accurately your opinion on engagement. And does fan identity (section 1) affect this at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here