Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Wrexham either '74 or '75. We lost, their fans stormed the length of the pitch to our end and ran away again when we raced out (so my memory likes to think). Went alone, was a student in Stoke.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Aldershot. F.A.Cup. 1967. 0 - 0. Worst pitch I've ever seen a match go ahead on. Kit Napier left the pitch after having played the whole game without a speckle of mud on him!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Arsenal away in the league in 1980. Lost 2-0 and Jacob Cohen’s debut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Wrexham either '74 or '75. We lost, their fans stormed the length of the pitch to our end and ran away again when we raced out (so my memory likes to think). Went alone, was a student in Stoke.

They wouldn't have caught you if you could run as fast then as you could at school! You were quick, although not quite as quick as Steve Ovett!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aldershot sometime in the 70s. It was the game when the crossbar was broken after the final whistle.

Don’t remember seeing an Aldershot fan all day!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Aldershot sometime in the 70s. It was the game when the crossbar was broken after the final whistle.

Don’t remember seeing an Aldershot fan all day!

April 76. I went to that one as well. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

Although I'd been to see games at other grounds before, my first Albion away match must have been at Bradford City in March 1972. We lost 2-1 and it was the last defeat of the season as we went on a storming run to get promoted with Aston Villa.

I do remember it was a mind boggling long and boring journey on the supporters club coach. Everyone seemed ancient to us two lads and the atmosphere was akin to a knitting circle day out. We made up for it when we got to Bradford hitting a local pub and downing about six or seven pints. Bradford, in those days, was a complete shit hole - the old expression "grim oop north" summing it up perfectly.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kingstonian in the FA Cup. Least said about that day the better.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Luton 1970. 1-1. Malcolm McDonald scored a penalty. Brighton supporters turned his car over after the game. Seemed fair!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup , 0 -0 , Cloughie was our Manager , lost the famous replay 4 -0 at the Goldstone

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Aldershot. F.A.Cup. 1967. 0 - 0. Worst pitch I've ever seen a match go ahead on. Kit Napier left the pitch after having played the whole game without a speckle of mud on him!

I was at that one too - remember waiting outside the ground to find out if it was being postponed or not. Also seem to remember travelling there on a steam train (might be wrong)

My first of all was also at Aldershot on Grand National Day in 1964. Match kicked off at teatime because of the race. Lost 0-1.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here