Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women and tattoos

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
13876382_1226898420688082_3914913977319656252_n.jpg somebody had to do it.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Tattoos do tend to be, in the main, a fashion statement. Imagine if you were a Mod, Rocker, Hippy, Skinhead, 70's flare wearer, New Romantic, Punk, Goth etc, etc but you had to maintain your chosen style until your dying day, it doesn't really work does it? Unless you're a member of the Rolling Stones, of course.:glare:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have a few myself and while they are tasteful and not visible when I have a shirt on, given the choice again I wouldn't have them. The one thing I see nowadays, on both men and women is not just the odd tatt but a trend for covering themselves in them. Hands, neck, legs, chest. I know many people of my generation who regret the odd one or two small, 90's tribal stuff, imagine having to regret neck tattoos. A lot of this you see in Brighton.
They're gonna look odd when all the beards, topknots and plaid shirts go out of fashion again.
Mine looked pretty shit as soon as Pearl Jam and the Chili Peppers stopped charting!

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I do not like tattoos and think that they look awful on men as I keep telling my nephew who has loads <snip>

Why would you do that? What is the point?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I agree with [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION], tattoos look unsightly on the female form.
Personally not for me, why cover up the beauty that's already there?
Each to their own :thumbsup:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Narrow minded views of the older generation make me laugh.
Last time I checked, I don't think many tattooed people gave a rats arse about the opinion of others on account of it being their body and their choice.

.....just so long as they don't give a rats arse about being turned down for jobs.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Tattoos don't bother me one way or the other, whether on men or women. Some look ok, some don't (to me), but of course it's a personal choice, and I wouldn't judge someone or turn them down for a job if they had them. The only thing, and it's quite an important thing, which I don't understand, particularly with big, visible tattoos, is how someone can be so sure that their tastes won't change and that something they like now they can be sure they won't end up hating and regretting in ten, twenty or however many years time. Most lifestyle choices we make from clothes and hairstyle at the trivial end, to marriages, careers etc at the more serious end are ultimately reversible or changeable if our tastes and preferences change. Tattoos are much harder, if not nearly impossible, to reliably remove. From what I can see, evidence suggests that most people's tastes change a lot over time, as do fashions, so my guess is that one side effect of the recent tattooing epidemic is that there will be lots of people really regretting it in years to come. But, as I said, entirely their choice, so it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love them.

The fact that I am currently investing my pension funds in tattoo removal companies is purely coincidental :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here