Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My ringer is ill so we need a replacement if anyone knows one?

I'm facebooking a few now and can ask the Fit Bitches if they have a spare girl. Otherwise we can pick one up at start or as [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] said we shuffle the pack and people do 2.5K extra.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My ringer is ill so we need a replacement if anyone knows one?

Should be OK. I've got a spare Fit Bitch runner, Irene, 25" 5k pace runner but she'll still be first spare for the Fit Bitches. So we promote [MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] to Super Egos and [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]EltonsBrother to the B team.

Plan B is find another one if we lose her.

Plan C someone has to run twice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Should be OK. I've got a spare Fit Bitch runner, Irene, 25" 5k pace runner but she'll still be first spare for the Fit Bitches. So we promote [MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] to Super Egos and [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]EltonsBrother to the B team.

Plan B is find another one if we lose her.

Plan C someone has to run twice.

THREE times, presumably...?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
THREE times, presumably...?

Yep plan c someone runs twice and 3 finish together.

Plan D would be hard to organise but would be the first runner from the super egos running leg 2 for team C, then finishing lap5 with Super egos and going straight back out for leg 5 with Team C. So one runner runs 4 times.

Plan E would be the same but a different runner from Super Egos would finish leg 5 with team C. So two runners run three times.

The super ego doing leg 5 would either have to wait for leg 5 of team C or chase them down over 2.5km. Depending on whether they were team c have been lapped or not. Sounds fun. I'll jot it down.

But I'll be singing this for our 12th woman to make sure my head doesn't overload.

Come on Irene, oh, I swear what he means,
At this moment, you mean everything..........?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yep plan c someone runs twice and 3 finish together.

Plan D would be hard to organise but would be the first runner from the super egos running leg 2 for team C, then finishing lap5 with Super egos and going straight back out for leg 5 with Team C. So one runner runs 4 times.

Plan E would be the same but a different runner from Super Egos would finish leg 5 with team C. So two runners run three times.

The super ego doing leg 5 would either have to wait for leg 5 of team C or chase them down over 2.5km. Depending on whether they were team c have been lapped or not. Sounds fun. I'll jot it down.

But I'll be singing this for our 12th woman to make sure my head doesn't overload.

Come on Irene, oh, I swear what he means,
At this moment, you mean everything..........?

We just lost Irene. So I suggest plan E. Two super egos are running three times!

I'll supply the safety pins.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Instead of anyone running multiple times, wouldn't it be better to just get someone like we did last year? I know one guy who might still be up for it, but if not –*I'm sure they'll be someone?

GypsyKing

Feb 4, 2013
I'm still running running but due to having left the office early I unfortunately won't be able to hang around much after the finish as need to wrap up some work this evening. See you all in a bit...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Superb running gents, really good event and well marshalled - by [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]! Good to meet some new people as well, and put a name to [MENTION=26896]GypsyKing[/MENTION] years after we first met!

Surely an NSC tradition now - excellent event and a different challenge entirely.
a7062221ea513611fd3efc12af92993e.jpg
9076f30c1f47b3295707f6b07dfe2c2b.jpg
3dbf0f9287332a06cca875275cb7137f.jpg
cd3b54f564c6e86093a762a8ecf927a6.jpg

Last edited:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Great pics, great event and great evening - special thanks to [MENTION=9083]Anchorman[/MENTION] for turning up at the last minute to make us up to a full team.

Thanks to [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] for the organising.

Be interesting to see the results seeing most other entrants were from running clubs I don't think we disgraced ourselves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well done chaps.

Managed to get my release to my client, all the while thinking "thank **** I'm not running a fast 2.5K in this heat. Twice."

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Really enjoyed tonight, whilst hot it was nice still conditions and great to be part of a team. I'll pop into the jog shop Friday afternoon and get the splits.

Good 3 pints after the run with [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] who managed the ego's brilliantly.

Special mention to @Gypsy King who is one fast ****er in the last 100 yards. And well done [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] who ran the 5k non stop in those conditions.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic event – great to meet new NSCers as well as catch up with some familiar faces. Superb running all round –*I was certainly feeling the effects of Saturday's little jaunt over the downs and probably went off too quickly on the first leg but glad the Egos got the job done and managed to hold off a Hornets team (again) at the line.

From one team last year to three this year*– we'll have a running club-sized contingent next year if that carries on! Thanks again to [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] the gaffer – fully deserving of a new contract in my opinion :lol:

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all, wondering if you can help. I have a niggling hamstring injury as well as on off issues with my lower back. I can still run to a reasonable level, but feel the niggles just getting worse. Can any of you recommend a sports physio That you have used, feel like I need some expert advice/treatment. Many thanks in advance

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here