Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swan and Uni Bars Next Season - Home Only?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wasn't it meant to have an on-site brewery also?

That was in the original planning application but the article about it in our local newsletter made no mention of it. It's strange that all work seems to have stopped on the site, I can't see it being open for the new season.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I'm only aware of 2 bars at Sussex, Falmer Bar and East Slope, the East Slope accommodation is to be demolished, not sure if that includes the bar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Worth noting that anyone who's done any course at Sussex or Brighton, ever, can get a Brighton/Sussex NUS card. This should help.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
East Slope and Falmer Bar is rammed with Albion on a match day - many staff there are fans. As for away fans, well as long as they're in a huge group, coloured up and chanting they should be alright.

I happen to know the head of security at Sussex and he's cool with it but said if there was to be as much as one tiny incident they'll stop letting them in.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That was in the original planning application but the article about it in our local newsletter made no mention of it. It's strange that all work seems to have stopped on the site, I can't see it being open for the new season.

Work seems to have re-started in the last few days. The windows on the pub side have been replaced. It does seem to have taken an eternity to finish though. Must be losing a fortune.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I work at Sussex Uni and often pop along to the Student Union for pre-match drinks on the evening games, I often see away supporters there.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm only aware of 2 bars at Sussex, Falmer Bar and East Slope, the East Slope accommodation is to be demolished, not sure if that includes the bar.

There's another bar in the Institute of Development Studies (IDS), not well known so can be quite good if looking for a place that's not too rammed.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I used the Hive, since the first season, It used to be completely dead and wasnt very enjoyable, but it wasnt bad for a few beers if pushed for time.

It slowly started to pick up trade on match days and was soon a little busier, but it was never great as above only ever ideal for a quick beer.

last season queues went all around the bar ended up not bothering in the end and staying in town or going to the swan.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
The Swan was getting very busy by the end of last season (the price of success??)

1 in 1 out for the main pub, and a big queue for the bar in the barn. Would imagine this will still be the case for next season.

Still a quality pub though.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
East slope is our go to for pre and post match, cant go wrong with the pricing and hardly ever busy as im guessing fans cant be bothered with the walk.

Towards end of last season it did start to get busy and was asked if we were students, just said yes.

Hope this continues to stay open!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Towards end of last season it did start to get busy and was asked if we were students, just said yes.

Hope this continues to stay open![/QUOTE]

At the age of sixty going on sixty-one I don't think I'll get away with that :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here