Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A quality piece of pushing in from the Bridge car park, yesterday.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
NEVER give way to BMWs, Mercs, Audis, 4x4s - all driven by complete w@nkers.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was having a chat with a mate the other day about urban driving (so slightly related), and we agreed that as there are so many cars on the road today, all drivers are concerned about is gaining that ten foot of road in front of them, that gets them where they are going a bit quicker. Sod Keep Clear, do not enter until your exit is clear boxes, Pelican Crossings etc. markings, and letting people out of side streets! It is all out warfare on the streets, and as it was in the trenches, gains are measured in feet...

The funniest example I saw of this was on a level crossing when the barriers had just gone up. Cue a mass acceleration of vehicles over lines, until one of the front runners wanted to turn right a bit further up, got blocked, meaning the snake behind them stopped, and Dave Dimwit stuck on the 'do not enter until your exit is clear' box on the crossing gets a nice sideways middle-parting on his roof when the auto- barrier comes down on his motor...

Cue misery for thousands of rail users as the situation is sorted out :ohmy:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I originally made the point about 'terraces' instead of the easy option of players, because chances are Mr Merc had sat on his hands for 90 mins then got passionately committed to getting in the queue.

Both fluent.

But in different languages.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Those mystical football special buses, abandoned by the club because they were a source of "complaints" and replaced with another service that you now have to book and pay for in advance.....how we miss the s bus.

Buses are run from the disabled car park 5,they will take passengers over to the stadium as well...but understand if you are at the top of the uni it might not be as easy.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Can understand your frustration OP. Used to get me a bit when you have been sitting in the queue for about fifteen minutes going three feet then someone rolls up, gets in their car and expects to just pull out, rather than wait in turn for the people who have been there a lot longer to clear. Just get the park and ride now though.

This behaviour mostly seems to manifest itself when people are in their cars for some reason, can't imagine coming out of an aisle at the supermarket and just pushing into the queue at the tills, seems totally acceptable at road works, car parks, etc. though.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So may I add my own driving tale from yesterday? Driving home on a narrow road in Bevendean, where cars park on one side, I was a passenger in a new Kia (just a few months old) when a car coming the opposite way decided not to wait a few seconds but to plough on through, scraping the side of both cars and pulling off our rear bumper.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
So may I add my own driving tale from yesterday? Driving home on a narrow road in Bevendean, where cars park on one side, I was a passenger in a new Kia (just a few months old) when a car coming the opposite way decided not to wait a few seconds but to plough on through, scraping the side of both cars and pulling off our rear bumper.

This deserves it's own thread!!

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Buses are run from the disabled car park 5,they will take passengers over to the stadium as well...but understand if you are at the top of the uni it might not be as easy.

I think you will find that they are intended for disabled people.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
NEVER give way to BMWs, Mercs, Audis, 4x4s - all driven by complete w@nkers.

WRONG !

These feckers are the ones driving the company cars and won't give a flying fook if there is an exchange of paintwork ....

Unless you are also in said company car, then it comes down to who has the biggest bo11ocks.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
And here we are still waiting to get the car back. What we expected to be replacing a rear bumper was complicated when the one ordered from overseas was broken and now there's some mess up on the paintwork, grrr.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have an Audi as do plenty of others on this board. Why does that make me a complete tosser? This morning I was cut up by a woman driving an old vauxhall astra and an old fella in Ford Fiesta yet i'm, a tosser for the car I drive. Surely its the drivers rather than the car they drive?

Nothing like broad generalistations and assumptions to make people look small minded and uneducated is there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here